We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Lima??

Otane, New Zealand
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Lima??

Hi everyone, my fiancé and I will be staying in Lima for around 5 days in early April next year but at the moment have no clue as to which area to stay in. We will be arriving from a 49 day cross contintental tour so will be aiming for somewhere quite chilled yet with good connections to public transport so we can explore the city at our leisure. Great restaurants a bonus. Is the beach an option at that time of year? Just from having a quick look on TA La Punta looks quite good - am i on the right track? Any input/suggestions will great - thanks in advance!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Lima??

IMO you can't go wrong staying in Miraflores. We rented a condo and loved it.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Lima??

Hello!

Your best option is to stay in Miraflores. You will be near restaurants, bars, shops, Parque Kennedy (a central park surrounded by cafes, shops, and artisans), and the ocean. There is also a variety of accommodations from hostels to 5 star hotels you will have a plethora of options to choose from. However if you are looking to stay in a more bohemian area, that would be Barranco which also has restaurants and shops, but fewer options for hotels.

Miraflores is also located in close proximity to the city center, so catching a cab or the metro (bus) would be easy to visit the historical area of Lima. All in all it is your best option for your stay.

Katherine

Peru For Less

Otane, New Zealand
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Lima??

Thanks for your advice - Miraflores does sound like the best bet - will look for accommodation there. Thanks again

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Lima??

I loved Barranco. The part of Miraflores we stayed in was very close to Barranco. We could walk or a very cheap taxi ride.

5. Re: Where to stay in Lima??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Lima Region