We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to spend in Lima

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to spend in Lima

My husband and I are traveling to Peru in two weeks and are trying to decide the itinerary. We have a total of 7 days. We're planning to spend a big part of it in the Cusco/SV/MP area. We're not sure when we should return from Cusco back to Lima.

- What is there to see/do in Lima and how many days should we plan there?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to spend in Lima

Seven Days is barely enough time to see the Cusco/SV/MP area. It still is a good idea to go back to Lima the day before your flight home, just to be safe. This leaves you the balance of flight day (less the 3 1/2 hours it takes to get back to the airport and check in for an international flight.

For what to see in Lima, browse Things To Do

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294316-Activiti…

Also the website www.limaeasy.com is an excellent resource.

If you just want to hang out and take it easy, I like staying in the low key Barranco neighborhood. There are two good museums (Pedro de Osma and MATE) and lots of galleries. It also isn't far from Miraflores and has good access to the Metropolitano Rapid bus, which is a faster way to get downtown to the Plaza de Armas vs a taxi.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 18:22
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to spend in Lima

With only 7 days, I would say spend almost none in Lima except maybe get back the night before your international flight home and, assuming you've got a late evening flight like most people, spend the day of your flight in Lima.

3. Re: How much time to spend in Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Lima Region