We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

andalucia

nyc ny
2 posts
Save Topic
andalucia

We are driving through Granada Sevilla and Ronda the

first week in Nov. We need hotels restaurants and suggestions for day trips. We want 4 star hotels that have parking and are well situated. Thank you, Judy

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: andalucia

For Ronda how about the Parador de Turismo de Ronda, 4 star with parking. Most of the time reserved months in advance, but maybe you can get in, check A.S.A.P. Hotel Maestranza, or Hotel Montelirio both 4 star and with parking. Can not lose with any three, sorry have not stayed in any of the three. You will love Ronda, so beautiful there. There are many fine restaurants in the Ronda area. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Maestranza
Hotel Maestranza
428 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Hotel Montelirio
Hotel Montelirio
571 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: andalucia

Please don't feel restricted by the 4* appellation, Ronda is a relatively small town (only 30 odd thousand people, i think) and whilst a major tourist centre doesn't have as many good hotels as you may hope for.

As Hubie has suggested the Parador has its own car park and is in an excellent position, in fact i had a reservation to stay there earlier this year.

However near the last minute i changed my mind and stayed at the Hotel Alavera de los Banos, there was parking outside which was free. I was originally only due to stay there for 2 nights however i loved it so much(as you will see from my review here) that i came back again for another 3 nights!

Most of the hotels that are favourably reviewed on this site will offer comfort and a good service but the one i stayed at gave everything i hoped for plus a warmth yet unobtrusive friendliness that i wouldn't have got at a major establishment.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: andalucia

I should have said..

regarding a day trip from Ronda, you really ought to try and visit Las cuevas de Pileta, this prehistoric site-think the cave paintings at Altimara-but even older(!) is only a half hour drive from the town,in a pleasant rural setting and also surprisingly quiet given it is a National heritage site.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: andalucia

Lets not forget Grazalema, most say the prettiest white town in Spain, 30 minutes outside of Ronda. Hubie

Mentioned in this post
Grazalema
Grazalema
5 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
50 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: andalucia

In Ronda we stayed at the Hotel San Gabriel, and while there is no on-site parking, you can drive up to the door to drop and pick up your luggage. They provide you with a pass to the local municipal lot, just a couple of blocks away.

For dinner we were pleased with the Restaurante Albacara – in the Montelirio Hotel. Excellent view of the gorge and good food.

Second the recommendation for Grazalema. Also liked Senitel and Olvera.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Gabriel
Hotel San Gabriel
1,395 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Hotel Montelirio
Hotel Montelirio
571 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Grazalema
Grazalema
5 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: andalucia

Judy:

The road from Ronda to Grazalema and Ubrique is one of the most scenic roads in Spain. There is a 4 star hotel in Grazalema, the Hotel Fuerte Grazalema, which is very popular with Malagueños.

Ubrique is the home of the best leather craftsmen in Spain. They make many of the most expensive designer handbags in Europe.

Edited: 16 September 2010, 15:04
Mentioned in this post
Grazalema
Grazalema
5 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
7. Re: andalucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:18