We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus Ronda to Seville

Lancashire
11 posts
Save Topic
bus Ronda to Seville

We are arriving in Ronda from Malaga on Saturday, 5th May and leaving for Seville on Monday 7th May. I hear the buses from the Coast to Seville get very busy and intend to book our bus for Seville when we arrive in Ronda on the Saturday. Am I likely to be able to get a seat or would I be better booking online from the UK?

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

I would think you would not have a problem, you are before the real tourist season, but you will hit some of the week end travelers, if you feel safer doing it that way go ahead and do so. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

www.losamarillos.es

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

"...and intend to book our bus for Seville when we arrive in Ronda on the Saturday."

They might not sell you one. In my experience, Los Amarillos only sell tickets on the day of travel. My suggestion is to get to Ronda bus station about 30 mins before the bus is due to leave.

"I hear the buses from the Coast to Seville get very busy"

I live very close to Ronda (see profile) and use that bus service quite frequently. I have never had a problem getting a seat. Where did you hear that?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

Yes I heard that. I think the 3.45 bus out of Torremolinios via Fuengirola and Marbella stops at Ronda at 6pm and reaches Seville at 8pm. Maybe it is that bus that gets busier. And of course at certain times of the year there will be more people travelling. But in all probability the chances of not getting on the bus is fairly remote but could happen I am sure.

That is why it may be good to buy a ticket in advance. Perhaps when Tony next goes into Ronda he could drop by the Los Amarillos window at the bus station and ask the staff about buying in advance? It seems that you can do this using the Internet but probably not very far in advance: :

http://www.losamarillos.es/venta/busqueda.jsp

Lancashire
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

Thanks for all your reassurances. I might look at buying a ticket online nearer the time - just to stop me worrying! Thanks again.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

I´ll do as Cadiz-lover suggests and ask next time I´m in Ronda near the bus station, if you like. That may be sometime later this week but I´ll need some kind of signal from you before I go. I do not want to waste my time.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 15:50
Lancashire
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

Tony, that would be very kind of you if it's not too much trouble. Sorry for the late reply - been out all day.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

@TonyB

I am also interested in any further news about the LOS AMARILLOS bus from Ronda to Seville and whether it is possible for the ticket office in Ronda to sell a ticket in advance, for example the day before.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

@Cadiz_lover. I have never tried to buy a bus ticket in advance of the day I have taken that bus. I suspect that it is not possible but I cannot be certain of that.

I have just turned up at Ronda bus station on the day about 30 mins before the bus is due to depart and have never had any problems whatsoever.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 07:57
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

We purchased our losamarillos bus tickets the day before.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus Ronda to Seville

@Nurioopta. Was that at Ronda bus station?

By the way, for anyone reading this thread, the Los Amarillos ticket office at Ronda bus station only opens about 30 mins before one of their buses is due to depart. It is not open non-stop all day.