We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
5 posts
Save Topic
Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Hi, I need to get to Gaucin on a Monday of this month.

I was wondering what options I have as I don't drive. Taxi's seem to cost 130euro or a bit less if done privately.

I've found that I could get a bus from Malaga town to Ronda for less than 10 euro, then I guess a taxi from Ronda to Gaucin ?

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this journey and where to book things?

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Travel logistics

Train Malaga airport to Malaga

Bus Malaga to Ronda www.losamarillos.es

Bus Ronda to Gauchin www.tgcomes.es

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

I do not know those parts well enough, but if you have identified your way to Ronda and arrive before 1315hrs you have this bus - http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_30.htm

I strongly doubt the need to book a bus journey, but you have presumably the company website for the journey Malaga to Ronda, what does that offer?

Same time as #1.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 09:47
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,076 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

If arriving at AGP then get the train into Málaga Maria Zambrano station (the main rail station) - the bus station is 5 mins walk (clearly signposted) through the attached shopping centre, you buy your ticket to Ronda there.

You might also want to look at going the other way (via Estepona) as Gaucín is roughly equidistant from Ronda/Estepona.

Either way you're going to need a taxi which will probably be around €35 (as a rule of thumb think €1 per 1km).

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

See your messages. (You will need to be signed into to read them).

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Now let me see. It is possible to get to Gaucin by public transport. You already fond the bus details ?

turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioaut…

Taking the bus to Ronda is good from the main bus station near the Maria Zambrano rail station. The bus company operating this is called LOS AMARILLOS and they have Yellow and Green as colours.

Then depending on the time of arrival I would consider taking the train down to Gaucin / El Colmenar. This is reached in about 50 minutes and times of trains on a Monday this month are :

leaving Ronda at 16.16 arriving Gaucin - El Colmenar at 17.10

or

leaving Ronda at 19.11 arriving at 19.55

The train costs about €5 one way.

Now El Colmenar station is about 20 minutes maximum by car to Ronda and maybe you can organise a taxi from there ? Or just take a chance when you arrive to see if you can arrange something locally. It is a small place so probably better to organise something or at least have a taxi number in Gaucin. The taxi service in Gaucín can be reached on 952 151 130 (landline) or 600 294 138 (mobile) .

That route is good if you have the time of course and quite interesting however it will cost about €20 for the last taxi stage so you are looking at least €35 from Malaga to Gaucin.

Alternatives ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Also look at this old thread ?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g642206-i13800-k…

Mention has already been made about travelling to Estepona from Malaga which may be also very sensible. There is an airport bus run by PORTILLO bus company to Marbella and Estepona. The nearest place to Gaucin is therefore Estepona and possibly you have timing to catch the 11.30 Portillo bus from airport to Estepona arriving at 12.45 or the other bus that leaves at 18.50 arriving at 20.00 costing about €10

Then it is a question of getting to Gaucin ! A taxi is going to cost at least €40 and take you 50 minutes. But if your time of arrival at Malaga airport is such that you can get the bus easily then possibly this route is quickest.

You need to look up times of buses on :

portillo.avanzabus.com/web/default.aspx…

England
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

Thanks for all the help.

This is actually for my partner who will be joining me as I'll already be in Gaucin. Unfortunately I don't drive otherwise I would rent a car and pick her up.

The journey seems a little more complicated than I was hoping, which would be fine if we were together but I have concerns that she will be alone with her backage as well.

The place we are staying can provide a pickup which will cost roughly 2.5 x the price of the connected transport, so I'm thinking this might be a price to pay for peace of mind.

8. Re: Malaga Airport to Gaucin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:42