We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town vs New Town

Melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
408 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town vs New Town

Hello,

planning to be in Ronda in May 2013

staying in the Old Town/New Town,..does it make much difference?

thanks in advance...

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town vs New Town

Ronda is not such a big place and quite walkable. I have not stayed there as I base myself in Olvera one of the pueblos blancos roughly 45 minutes away by car. If the Parador is within your budget I would seriously consider staying there, from the outside it is magnificent having been built as the Town Hall in the 18th century and the views from some of the windows will be magnificent. There are undoubtedly many lovely hotels and I am sure someone else will be better placed to advise you.

Visiting in May I would imagine will be very pleasant, my son and I were in Ronda a month and a half ago and found it to be very quiet at that time of year with space to enjoy what is a very beautiful town. July and August are very busy months with coach tours visiting each day from the Costa del Sol.

Saludos. Lindsay

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town vs New Town

nope, it's one or the other side of the bridge, but as Lindsay said it's not that a big place so in 10-15 mins walking you'll be anywhere.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town vs New Town

Old town to me is always nicer in any town you stay in. For me there is more to see in Old Town, you get the feeling of being there way back when. Make sure you read the right side of this page and decide what is most important for you to see. I have alwas loved the bull ring, one of the oldest in Spain.You are going to love Ronda, if not for the view alone. As said, not a huge town, so going from point A to B is not a problem at all. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Scotland. Great...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town vs New Town

Hotel don Miguel has spectacular views at reasonable price

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,783 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town vs New Town

"staying in the Old Town/New Town,..does it make much difference?"

I suppose the bridge / gorge separates the 2. The Parador is right on the gorge next to the bridge and it makes for a good location. Near the newer part of Ronda where the bullring is and all the shops and restaurants and bars. The old part is very nice and quite compact and is nice to wander around. If here consider staying in an apartment if more than just a quick trip - take a look at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g265784-d112373…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town vs New Town

thank you all so much for your suggestions....its just a matter of how many days to spend in Ronda....originally was only going to be a couple but sounds like an extra day or two wont go astray!!

Mary and Cadiz_lover thanks for the hotel suggestions, will check them out....any other suggested places would be welcome also

cheers

Sterwuv

Ronda, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Town vs New Town

The Ronda parador is excellent but just outside old town. As 10-year Ronda residents, we prefer the Hotel San Gabriel and Hotel Montelirio. Smaller B&B places we like are Hotel Ronda and Baraka B&B, also in old town. Both are good values and have good service.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Town vs New Town

Hotel Enfrente Arte is also a nice and very fun place to stay. As said, you are going to love Ronda.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g265784-d560102…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,310 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Town vs New Town

The Ronda Parador has parking.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Town vs New Town

We stayed last October at the Jardin de la Murallo in the old town, with only six bedrooms, a large comfortable lounge, terraced gardens and a swimming pool; it was perfect.

Jose Maria the owner is very hospitable makeing one feel at home, and Carlotta ( Spaniel) and Julie (Yorkshire terrier) add to the warmth of this loverly residence (Hotel)

We will be returning