We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

Hi all.

Trying to plan and failing miserably..

Wanting to take a bus from La linea main bus station to Castellar de la Frontera,staying 2 nights at the NH Castellar Hotel.

I cannot seem to get the website to calculate properly.Maybe i'm doing it wrong .On the map it looks like the bus runs straight through.

http://siu.ctmcg.es/es/index.php

Then we are planning on taking the train onto Jimena de la frontera..(los angeles) & staying 3 nights at Casa Henrietta.

Are there taxis readily available at Jimena train station,to take us into the village or would we be better continuing on with the bus if it stops in Jimena town itself..?

We are planning to go to Ronda for the day however on the train.

Any help welcome please.Getting that fed up i might just hire a car..lol !!

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

Hi Tiffin

Sorry I can't help you out with your public transport dilemma but thought I would tell you that we holiday in this area every year. My husband and I and whichever of our adult children are looking for a free holiday spend two weeks a year in Chiclana de la Frontera. When my husband comes home I stay on for an additional two weeks with our eldest son who has Down's Syndrome. Niall and I move up to Olvera which is about 50 minutes drive inland from Ronda. In October each year, Niall and I return for a wee extra two weeks in Olvera. I always have a car. I would not contemplate being without my car.

In the summer we fly into Gibraltar so I pick up the car in La Linea and drop it off in Málaga. In October we fly in and out of Málaga. I know plenty of people on here seem quite au fait with public transport but beyond a wee jaunt on the train up to Sevilla I like the freedom I can enjoy with my car.

Saludos. Lindsay

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

I have never attempted this route. Only used the train line to Ronda. However had a quick look ....

The bus you may be looking for is M-270 on the main page?

http://siu.ctmcg.es/es/lineas.php

the times do not show for me either so best bet is to call in at the bus station and find out first hand. If it is still running then probably only weekdays but looks doubtful.. Maybe due to lack of use the service has been pulled.

I have seen a bus that runs from La Linea to San Roque station which could be useful M-121

The M-170 runs from Algeciras stopping at San Roque before heading up to Castellar and Jimena.

siu.ctmcg.es/es/lineas_interior.php?id=10

so maybe you would take this bus between the 2 towns.

However I think that you need to put the timetables together and if the La Linea one does not join up with the M-170 then maybe take a taxi first to San Roque ESTACION.

map

http://goo.gl/maps/WcQ0k

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

Thanks to you both..

Sometimes the websites play up Cadiz.The other evening,the renfe site was misbehaving.

We're supposed to be relaxing for the 5 days after we leave la Linea.

(staying in the Asur in La Linea for 3 nights first,shopping,Gibraltar etc).

I know if i get a car we'll end up going all over the place,which isn't what we wanted to do.Just specifically Ronda for a full day.

I had the same route numbers too,so at least i know i got that bit right.

May just get the M-121bus to San Roque then,looks like they are every half hour & get the train from there,or as you suggested a taxi to San Roque,

Thanks for your help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,257 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

I think if you are referring to the bus from La Linea that goes every half hour then it is the bus that goes around the bay to Algeciras. The M-120 not 121.

The M-120 is a bus I have used several times and stops along the main road but does not go into or near San Roque. On the timetable you may notice "Cr.San Roque" which is not the town but a crossroads some kms away on the main road. You can also look at the map shown on these timetables. The shorthand for the train station is "Es San Roque" . I think this is a common error when looking at timetables here. The train station for "San Roque-La Linea" is about 1.6 kms from the main road. (Algeciras to Malaga road)

5. Re: La Linea to Jimena de la frontera & Ronda.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ronda