We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pros and Cons on staying in Ronda vs just outside

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Pros and Cons on staying in Ronda vs just outside

Trying to finalize my early October trip itinerary.

I am booking my accommodations and considering staying at La Fuente de la Higuera or Parador Ronda. They both sound great for different reasons. Leaning towards the countryside option since we will have a car and be spending several other nights in the larger towns.

We have 11 nights/days. Start in Madrid - 2 nights to get over jet lag, plan to take high spped train to Cordoba - 1 night - 1 full day to visit and train again to Seville 3 nights - 2-1/2 day in Seville.

We plan to rent a car from Seville.

I want to have some time visiting some of the white villages (plan to have at least one supper in Ronda).

Will it be easy to find public parking in Ronda (public parking area)?

We will then head over to Granada for 2 nights (and likely drop the car rental on arrival).

Plan to fly back to Madrid for our last night before international flight. Or...might consider a train or even keeping the car to drive through Toledo on our last day?

Does my itinerary sound reasonable? I know it will cost me parking and car rental fee for 2 days in Granada if I decide to keep it, but would it be an enjoyable last day driving back to Madrid (via Toledo for a mid-afternoon meal?). I realize it is a 4 hour drive, but if it is an interesting one, we'll enjoy it.

Thank you for any comments that might help me finalize my travel route and hotel selection.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pros and Cons on staying in Ronda vs just outside

Hi Rockport,good choice of hotel, very close to where we stayed. Ronda is 10mins drive from there. Beautiful countryside around you. Some nice walks too. Downside, we found it difficult to get a taxi back from town after 21:00. The ranks had been full all day, but none when you needed one. We had a car but wanted to have a drink in town so left it at the hotel. Taxi back was 17€ @ 22:00.

For a good out consider taking the train towards San roque or Algeciras, fantastic views all the way.

22. Re: Pros and Cons on staying in Ronda vs just outside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 05:16