We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hours in Ronda; two questions

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
4 hours in Ronda; two questions

Hi fellow travellers, I will be travelling to Ronda on July 9 and have two questions.

1) First, by train I shall arrive at noon and leave at 4:15pm. Is there a place that I can store my luggage; (one medium size bag, one small size bag)?

2) Second, any recommendations to move about (walking) for the short time period to be sure that I see the most important sites in that short time period are requested and welcome!

David

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

David:

For question 2 - Go to see the New Bridge. That is the main sight in the town.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,241 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

From the rail station walk up the road Avenida Andalucia to the bus station. Not far about 10 minutes. Go to main entrance of this bus station and to the kiosk selling sweets cigs etc and ask for a locker. Last time I was using them they were just past the ticket windows on the way to the buses. Check those out.

Walking from the bus station at Plaza Concepción García Redondo to the famous bridge will be about 15 minutes and you can go a variety of ways. Maybe through the town centre or past the Bullring first? You find the tourist office next to the bullring. Consult the Ronda tourism web?

turismoderonda.es/catalogo/eng/monumentos.htm

I like the walk from the bridge to Palacio de Mondragón.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

Thanks for the info guys. This is helpful. I'm all set for this visit.

David

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

Plaza de Socorro which is only a couple of minutes walk from the bull ring is very pretty, lots of restaurants. Slightly cheaper as you exit the plaza walking towards the bridge. Also Casa de Juan Bosco, over the bridge and walking up Calle Tenorio worth a visit.

If you are into art, there is a wonderful exhibition of paintings on from 4th to 30th July at the Palacio de Congressos which is near the bridge. The artists are residents of Olvera, Melissa Hefferlin and her husband Daud Akhriev. the opening hours are:

Monday through Friday 11:00 - 14:00 and 18:00 - 21:00

Saturday 11:00 - 14:00

Saludos. Lindsay

Edited: 26 June 2014, 14:04
Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

You are going to love Ronda. The further away from the bridge you get, the cheaper the gifts are going to be.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

Hey all - these are great tips; I love it and appreciate the effort to respond.

David :)

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

The gorge! The gorge! What a million dollar view from the bridge! A big WOW.

We took a horse & buggy ride to see the main area of town. Catch one from outside the bull ring. You feel like you're going back in time.

Lots of eateries near the bridge. Easy walking.

Enjoy the town!

We did last summer.

Cheers! ----- Ken

8. Re: 4 hours in Ronda; two questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ronda