We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The famous view of the bridge

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
The famous view of the bridge

Im sure this question has been asked before but is it possible to get to the bottom of the bridge either by foot or by car. All the tourist sites have pictures of Ronda looking up from the bridge so i guess it is accessible. I am staying in Hotel Arunda II and would like to either walk or drive to the bottom of the bridge.

Thanks in Advance

Gary

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The famous view of the bridge

There is a couple of vista spots across from each other down in the gorge and a couple on the other side of the bridge. These are not FREE vista points and could not tell you what they coast.They have a trail that l took years ago that will take you to the bottom of the gorge. This trail you can get from Old Town, Ronda. This trail will take you to the best place to see the bridge. This area is called Camino de los Molinos which will take you to the bottom of the gorge.

Tell them at the information center you would like the brochure on the local hiking trails and it would not hurt to get a map of the city, this might cost a couple of euros.

I hope this helps with your journey, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Edited: 10 July 2014, 03:02
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The famous view of the bridge

The walk down to the lower ground beneath the "tajo" for views of the bridge is shown on this tourism guide.

turismoderonda.es/senderismo/eng/ruta3.htm

You can open Google Earth for a description of the complete walk which is around 5 kms and takes about 2 hours or so. I walked it the anti clockwise way coming back to the view of the bridge and then surfacing up in the old town area for lunch once.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The famous view of the bridge

Thanks folks

Is there any way you can drive to the bottom of the bridge, I will be with a 6 year old and 1 year old so hiking or a trail probably isnt practical.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The famous view of the bridge

Calle Prado Nuevo off the Plaza Ruedo Alameda leads down to the rough road that you could use but am not 100% sure that it is available to anyone or some restrictions. Think it should be OK. This is the potential turning place offering view f the gorge.

http://goo.gl/wFXEl1

Plaza Ruedo Alameda has some nice places to eat.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The famous view of the bridge

excellent thank you.

that looks walkable and drivable

Edited: 10 July 2014, 15:38
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The famous view of the bridge

We went to the bottom of the gorge whilst on a jeep safari and saw taxis and other tour trips there but don't remember seeing ordinary cars.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The famous view of the bridge

This website www.andalucia.com/ronda/puentenuevo.htm states...

For a classic and truly astounding view of the bridge from below, take the small tourist bus which operates an hourly service from outside the parador. Passengers are taken not only into the valley to view the bridge, but also through many of the more famous streets of the old town. The fare is currently 10 Euros per person, and although the driver speaks only Spanish, an explanatory video, shown throughout the journey, is available in English.

Does anyone know if this is still true?

Tinton Falls, New...
Level Contributor
932 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The famous view of the bridge

It looked like a longggggg walk down. I just loved the view from above on my balcony at the Parador.

Enjoy your trip. Ronda was great.

Cheers! ---- Ken

9. Re: The famous view of the bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:15