We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

bensalem, pa
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

Is it safe and possible to walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado for shops and food? How long would it take? Are there sidewalks?

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

Yes, you can walk for there are sidewalks as you will be in a highly urbanized area. Take the bus or a taxi, for it is a long walk. Never do it at night.

Edited: 27 November 2012, 21:47
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,083 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

You can walk from IV to Condado. However, it is far, perhaps 45min to an hour. You also have to mind which route you take. One will have you walking next to beautiful houses, the other straight through the projects. If you walk, keep to the right (closer to the water). But I recommend you take the bus.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

It is a 2 mile walk. It is perfectly safe during the day, but as the above post mentioned, keep to the right (closer to the water). For the Bus from Isla Verde Ave. to Condado, hop in bus #C53 (could say only “53”). Bus costs $0.75 per person. A real bargain.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 14:43
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

I agree with all the posts above. It will be a loooong walk under a shiny and hot sun. During daytime, take the public bus (AMA # 53) at night or evening, a taxi.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

yes you will pass Punta Las Marias which is where i live. once you hit Plaza Loiza stay on that side of the road to avoid the projects for about 1/2 a mile then its another 3 miles and your there. I've done it several times.

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

If you are into it, walk along the shore from Ocean Park to Condado. It is very nice, and much more pleasant than walking in the sidewalk. There are no restaurants or shops, although. However, the shore is a short block from the main road and you can easily return to the neighborhood immediately.

I do this frequently and it is a great walk.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

7. Re: Can I walk from Isla Verde hotel to Condado shops/restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Isla Verde