We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

Which Isla Verde hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boonville, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

We're staying at the Embassy . I understand its a short walk to the beach, and would like suggestions on what "on the beach" bars and resturants(nothing fancy) are available.

I also found a topic site that said the Embassy has a section of the beach with chairs and umbrella? True?

I plan on bringing along a collapsible little vinyl cooler & stop in at the supermarket to take some drinks/snacks for the day on the beach.

Your help is appreciated!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

Hi L:inda, Once you are on the beach, turn right. After about 200 yards, you'll come to the Intercontinental which has a beach bar /restaurant. At the end of the beach is La Playa Hotel, which houses La Playita Cafe, which isn't on the beach, but is on the water.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 13:40
Boonville, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

thanks for response so quick! i try to find something to keep the excitement up until our feb 1 trip for our group of 8-- too uber organized for my own good, but with a little "carribbean toddy" it keeps us going!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

The hotel does have a beach concession at Isla Verde beach complete with chairs, umbrellas and towels. You can also order a boxed lunch from the restaurant to take to the beach.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

Once you are at the Beach, on your left side towards the Water Beach Club hotel, there is another concession, for drinks, beers, snacks (they sell out fried turn overs filled with fish, shrimp etc) and lunch. It is a bit of a walk but really nice ambiance and good food quality.

Boonville, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

Wow, thanks for the postings! got the day to spend in SJ so it's great getting the info . really don't want to spend the day at the hotel pool, not my idea of vaca! Thanks again!

6. Re: isla verde beach bar/resturants available to the public?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Isla Verde