We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

cleveland
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

I will be staying at the Ritz in a few weeks. I want to be able to walk to a store to buy beer, wine, snacks. Also, what are some fun restaurants nearby? I'm not into stuffy, fancy places, just great food and a fun atmosphere.

Also, I've never been to San Juan. What shouldn't I miss while there? Is the Ritz near Old San Juan? Is the area generally safe?

Thanks!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

The area is safe. The Ritz is about a 15-minutes car ride to Old San Juan.

Metropol restaurant is nearby and the food is excellent. Lupi's is also good and fun.

There is a Pueblo supermarket near the Ritz.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

Hi las61, There is a Pueblo supermarket nearby, but don't load yourself up too much, its probably a 15 minute walk in the sun. Other fun places to dine are: Plato's one block down on Isla Verde Avenue. La Playita Cafe take a right after Plato's keep walking to the beach and Brother Jimmy's on the roof of the El San Juan.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

I second Plato's and La Playita. There is also Made in Puerto Rico, it's a Theme Restaurant.

4. Re: Ritz Carlton - fun restaurants & groceries nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Isla Verde
Recent Conversations