We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Verde hotel decision

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Verde hotel decision

Help! So many choices I'm going in circles. Husband and I and our two adult children (52, 51,22,21) are trying to choose our Isla Verde hotel for the first week in March. We don't have Ritz Carlton money but are willing to spend $200-$300 a night. We want beach front and a really nice pool (swim up bar, etc.) Also want the young ones to have the ability to do a little bar hopping on foot if possible. Thank you so much!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Check out the Intercontinental Hotel and the El San Juan Hotel both have what you are looking for. The locations of these 2 hotels is also better that the location of the Ritz Carlton in terms of bar hopping.

new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Hi there- my family is exactly same ages, with same age son & daughter! We are traveling in April and after looking extensively, we decided on the Doubletree. We can get 2 rooms for the price of 1. We have stayed at Courtyard, Intercontinental and Stellaris in years past. We found out that you can use LaConcha pools & beach as well as the Courtyards! The reviews for Doubletree are outstanding. The area of Condado is more "bar-hopping" friendly. There are also great restaurants in that end of town- and it offers nice roads to run/walk on. Have fun deciding:)!!

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Thank you both for your help! Just booked the Intercontinental. Hubby and I stayed at the Conrad in Condado last year and really enjoyed it. Went running around the lagoon--so beautiful. I've heard the beaches in Isla Verde are a little nicer, which is why we're trying that area this time. Really don't think we can go wrong.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Great choice. I love Intercon. Very nice pools, nice beach, restaurants within walking distance. It's just a really great hotel.

Go to Lupi's and Metropol restaurants. Great food there.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Isla Verde also has Jet ski rentals as well as parasailing and Banana boat rides. My Fav area of San Juan to vacation.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Leaving tomorrow and can't wait. It's 17 degrees here. Thank you all for your help and input.

Santa Catarina...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

Verdanza hotel in Isla Verde has he best prices

$100.00 per night and great pool area.

A block away from the beach, but at least the staff is super nice!!! Walk to the beach, save money & have a great time!!!!

( intercontinental Hotel food and drinks are very expensive!, staff are not so nice)

Edited: 20 March 2014, 18:20
Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

I agree food and drinks are pricey at the Intercontinental, but disagree about the staff. Every single employee we encountered was polite and enthusiastic. We had great service!

9. Re: Isla Verde hotel decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21
Get answers to your questions about Isla Verde
Recent Conversations