We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Longview
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Which houses/condos are best for a larger family? We prefer a full ocean view.

13 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Most of us have not rented at Pajaro Dunes. Most of us have not been there. Many do not even know it exists. I suggest that you make your wishes known to the rental agency or whomever you are going through to finalize the terms. Good luck.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Yeah, definitely contact the rental agency to see what unit would be best.

Longview
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Thanks. It looks like there are several rental agencies.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

I live near there. We stopped by there many years ago when they were first being built. As I remember, the location is scenic, but not all of the buildings are ocean view. They are individually owned so you will have to go through a rental agency and I would suggest checking more than one because they all do not have the same listings.

I am curious why you found Pajaro Dunes. It is not near much....I mean not near a town for shopping, not near restaurants. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay it works. If you want more activity it doesn't.

Have you looked at Seascape Resort, which is *fairly* near but not so far away from towns with restaurants, etc.

http://www.seascaperesort.com/

Longview
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

I lived near there years ago and just love the area. The location is scenic and close to many fabulous day trips. It seemed perfect for those shorter excursions, returning in the evenings for time together.

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

I know I'm responding to an old post, but want to put in my two cents, in case any one else is curious about staying there. We just rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo in the Pelican Building (furthest south building) & were very pleased. For the same price as a hotel room, we had a roomy condo with great views, and a lovely beach setting. Perfect for relaxing. I'd review it on Trip Advisor, but it's not listed, and I (selfishly) am reticent about requesting it be added, b/c I don't want to make it so popular, we can't reserve the same condo! Within the resort, you can rent full homes or condos. Easy drive to visit local attractions (like the aquarium), but my favorite part was just spending the day at the beach...

Longview
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

We rented a house for a week at Pajaro Dunes for our multi-generation family. Everyone had an incredibly wonderful time with a secluded beach access which the children, ages 8-16, thoroughly enjoyed with their boogie boards. We all stayed in the same house which had plenty of space for everyone. Mornings on the enclosed sundeck with binoculars and a cup of coffee were favorite times, especially for the adults. Day trips to Pt. Lobos, Big Sur, Henry Cowell Redwood Park, the Elkhorn Slough, and Monterey Fisherman's Wharf were easy. Family dinners together made for treasured memories.

California
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Pajaro Dunes seems to be very expensive , is not it? I run a search for 4 BR sleeps 10 [we actually need for 6 Adults and 3 children ] 4/6 to 4/10 = 4 nights $3,181.10 !!

Anything else to compare in Santa Cruz/Aptos/ Capitola area?

Thank you all

CDR

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Hopefully Puter will see your post CDR - if not, send her a private message. She has a recommendation for a real estate company that handles vacation rentals in the Santa Cruz area, but I can't remember the name of it right now.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation

Here I am. Try Bailey Properties in Santa Cruz. They are a fully operational real estate company, but also handle vacation rentals.

http://www.baileyproperties.com/Rentals

Reply to: Pajaro Dunes multi-family vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pajaro Dunes