We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping near harry potter studio tour

Limavady, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
shopping near harry potter studio tour

Hi, am going to studio tour in morning and have to be in luton airport for 5pm, have hire car, is there anywhere good nearby for shops etc with a teenager? Do't know if its too far out to just "nip into" London!

Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
674 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Special Offer
Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros...
129 Reviews
from US$178.30*
US$198.10
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The...
1,003 Reviews
from US$109.80*
Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

Morning at studio .........back to Airport by 5pm leaves you with very little time.

No way are you going to London.

Watford ( http://www.theharlequin.uk.com/) seems your best bet .

Mentioned in this post
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,865 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

Watford for chains, St Albans for more variety, smaller shops and a wonderful Abbey for the adults.

Mentioned in this post
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
St Albans
St Albans
Hertfordshire, UK
Limavady, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

I've noticed brent cross shopping centre, is it miles away?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,280 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

>>> I've noticed brent cross shopping centre, is it miles away? <<<

No. But it's in the opposite direction to Luton.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 23:40
Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

A teenager would probably prefer The Harlequin Watford as it has a lot of teen shops like TopShop, River Island etc. which are bigger than often seenand a big HMV, an American sweet kiosk plus a lot of food options also a ten min walk down the street there's a big Sports Direct and Next (Waterfields Reatil Park)

If you went to Brent Cross You'd spend a hell of a lot of time in Traffic Leavesden To Watford is get in-click seatbelt and get out again as long as it's not a match day/ rush hour. In The Harlequin you can leave the teen to get on with it and take yourself to Hotel Chocolat/ Lakeland/ John Lewis (Or Primark if you're that kind of person)

Limavady, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

Thanks so much, the harlequin sounds like a good option. Depends how long we stay at studio tour but don't want to spend the rest of the day in traffic. Thanks again.

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

Depends how long we stay at studio

We went on the opening day , my daughters could have spent the whole day there, I am thinking even a short trip to the Harlequin may not be on the agenda.

What time is your tour ? and how flexible is your time at Luton ?

Flight at 5?? How long to return car .

Trip up the Motorway to junction 10A is not far, then the road is good , nearly all duel carriage way to the Airport.

Limavady, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

Hi, tour is booked for 10.30 am, hoping to spend 3 1/2 or 4 hours there. I'm allowing 1/2 hour to leave back hire car as i don't know how big luton airport is and check in opens at 5pm, so that should leave me 2 1/2 hours to do something else and get to airport! Am I mad?

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

quote .........Am I mad?

10.30 plus 4 hours ( depends on how much a fan your daughter is) plus half an hour to empty/return car , plus drive to airport , should be well less than an hour,

but to play safe an hour. Brings you to around 4pm .

Bear in mind , going from Leavesdon to Watford , is in compleatly the wrong direction . But the roads around the area are good.

So how long would you actually be in the Harlequin centre before you start looking at your watch?

Looks like adamhornets in post ~2 had the idea. St Albans

Its on the way to Luton . Parking is 'easy' not cheap but you won't be long there.

Better ( more Interesting ) shops are off the high street , try George St.

Easy to get something to eat , nothing at Leavesdon , better than the airport.

Ps , I think adamhornets must live in Watford , he suggested St Albans , I live just outside St Albans and thought Watford!

Edited: 28 September 2012, 20:46
Mentioned in this post
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
St Albans
St Albans
Hertfordshire, UK
10. Re: shopping near harry potter studio tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 18:15