We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

We will be returning to Heathrow from a cruise next year and would like to extend our trip to include Harry Potter World. To do so I need help locating a hotel close to H.P. and transportation both from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport.

The tube won't work...we will have luggage and my hubby recently had knee surgery so I know he won't want to "schlep" luggage around. This may be something we can't do on this trip but I won't know if I don't ask for help trying to figure this out. So, to anyone who replies...THANKS!!!

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour...
33,638 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

Hello again...first a huge THANK YOU to tripadvisor for posting the information link about Harry Potter World. I found my answer to how to get there from London. Yahoo!

My question now is finding a good hotel near the gray line office. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Once i find the hotel I can contact them directly regarding getting to and from Heathrow.

Again...thanks TripAdvisor for a really great resource.

Mentioned in this post
33,638 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,769 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

Rebelliot, you would do better to post on the London forum rather than the Leavesden forum.

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g186338-c180685/London… TALFer wirewiper has created a very useful page with plenty of information about travelling to and from Watford Junction for the tour. adamhornets is au fait with transport to and from Heathrow and Watford; post on the London forum and he should be along tomorrow (unless he's busy at work) to give advice.

When you post on the London forum, please let us know when you plan to travel, how many nights you'll stay in London, your budget in £££ for a hotel and information about your flight times if that's germane.

Keep in mind that a stay at Heathrow is counterproductive for sightseeing in London as the time and money needed for the journey will add little and (potentially) subtract much from your holiday.

It is possible to make a step free journey from Heathrow to Euston station on the Underground. It requires one change of train at Green Park station, using escalators. If you were to choose a hotel near Euston the journey from that station to Watford would take just 15 minutes on the train, likely quicker than the coach journey (depending on its start point). There are a handful of hotels near Euston as well.

Mentioned in this post
Leavesden
Leavesden
Hertfordshire, UK
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
London
London
England, UK
Green Park
Green Park
1,082 Reviews
London, UK
london
Level Contributor
428 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

getting from heathrow to watford junction is simple enough and avoiding the tubes are easy. from heathrow central bus station take the 724 to watford junction where there is a shuttle bus to harry potter world, as for where to stay avoid heathrow and stay in watford as there ia a good choice of reasnonable priced hotels in the area and bars and restaurants locally, travel lodge and premier inn are branded hotels

if the bus is not an option a taxi would be expensive if you caught it from the taxi rank at heathrow and would be cheaper to get a watford cab to come to heathrow to collect you

Edited: 25 November 2012, 06:28
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query. I will repost on the London site, as you suggest. Thanks to the great Trip Advisor link for Harry Potter World I was able to find the Grey Line tour that is a round trip from London to H.P.W. and back. Price includes admission to the site.

We've been to London several times and last time took the shuttle from Heathrow to our hotel. It wasn't ideal so I think we will opt for the private car. I still need to check this out but, as we're not going till next Sept, I do have time.

See you on the London site and thanks again.

Rebel2386

Mentioned in this post
33,638 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query. Thanks to the great Trip Advisor link for Harry Potter World I was able to find the Grey Line tour that is a round trip from London to H.P.W. and back. Price includes admission to the site.

We've been to London several times and last time took the shuttle from Heathrow to our hotel. It wasn't ideal so I think we will opt for the private car. I still need to check this out but, as we're not going till next Sept, I do have time.

Thanks again, LondonAndymac for your reply.

Mentioned in this post
33,638 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
london
Level Contributor
428 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

http://www.taxinumber.com/taxis/watford/

try the link above if you need a taxi from heathrow to watford, lucketts is an old established firm but its best to get a quote before you travel.

Edited: 25 November 2012, 18:27
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,119 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

It would really help to know more about your dates and timings. Things such as arrival port (it might make sense to head into London rather than go straight to Heathrow) and departure terminal at Heathrow as well as timings will allow us to make suggestions.

As a guide, should you need to take a taxi then Lucketts charge £32 from central Watford to Heathrow except for T4 which is £35. I think it would be a little more if you needed to go straight to Harry Potter but only a couple of pounds more.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
33,638 Reviews
Leavesden, UK
8. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to hotel/Harry Potter World?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 20:15