We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

Hi!

Would like recommendations for wineries that have a nice garden area or picnic area.

Hubby & I would like to have a cellar door tasting and then be able to let our toddler out to run around & stretch her legs, possibly pack a picnic lunch to enjoy with our newly acquired wine ;)

Thanks!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

most wineries in the HV fit your criteria.

the cellar door area around pokolbin is very compact so i would just drive around, have a few tastes and choose one u like for a good picnic lunch.

winecountry.com.au/wine/cellar-door-tasting

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

Thanks for your reply lien!

Yes you are right, I should be able to picnic at most wineries, was just hoping a few TA experts might've shared their favourites!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

We do Lovedale Long Lunch every year, and have really got to like the wines and wineries along Lovedale Rd. Tend to be a bit quieter than the main area of Pokolbin. Our favourite at the moment is Tatler (477 Lovedale Rd). In Pokolbin itself, i like Pepper Tree, which is in Halls Rd, Pokolbin. It's also nearly next door to where they film farmer-wants-a-wife. They all have their charm though. That's the beauty of it. Just drive around and stop on your gut feeling.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

I quite like Audrey Wilkinson, it's on a hill overlooking the Hunter Valley and has some great views.

https://www.audreywilkinson.com.au/Page/Our+Story/Our+Cellar+Door.aspx

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

Another thought is McGuigan's right in Pokolbin. They have a shop where you can have free cheese, olive oil and honey (I think, can't recall exactly) tastings. They also have a cellar door for wine tastings. Then you can buy your own nibbles for a snack outside on the picnic tables. But it does attract a lot of tourists on weekends, mid week is quieter.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. I think I've narrowed down my list of wineries to visit, but still open to any last suggestions!

7. Re: Wineries with nice garden / picnic area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:40
Get answers to your questions about Greater Newcastle