We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Prague to Czech Republic

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Prague to Czech Republic

I am looking to travel from Prague to the Czech Republic by train in early August. Looking on the czech republic train website (not for the specific dates, just random ones in advance) for 2 15-26 year olds the price in total comes to 1000kn. Surely this can not be right, am I booking the wrong thing? Has anyone got any experience of how much this costs?

Thanks.

Bayerisch Eisenstein
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Prague to Czech Republic

Prague IS the capital of the Czech Republic. So where do you want to go exactly? There are approx. 30 CZK to the £, so 1000CZK is about £33.33. Public transport in the Czech Republic is cheap, The amount paid is based on distance travelled. but without knowing where you plan to visit, its difficult to say if the price is correct.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Prague to Czech Republic

Oh sorry that doesn't make any sense at all! I meant from Prague to Krakow!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Prague to Czech Republic

I just did a test reservation on two tickets for the age group 15-25 and it came up to 1263 CZK. But some of the dates next week were already sold out. It is a popular route so book early. The only direct train is a night train, and that price is for a seat. If you want beds it will cost more (up to 1920 CZK for the two in a compartment for four people).

4. Re: Train from Prague to Czech Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17