We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

Kuwait
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

Hi all, I have a round trip ticket to Berlin for these dates: July 16-August 9

I want to spend time in the above places, but am concerned about having to spend a long, hectic day rushing all the way back to Berlin on the 7-8th. It looks like a train would be my best option, or perhaps a car rental.

My question is: with this route, how long would it take to get from C. Krumlov to Berlin, and what would be the most hassle-free route without spending 500USD? I have ruled out flights. Would it make a significant difference to leave Dresden until the end?

Thanks for your advice

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

The train from Berlin to Prague takes 4 hours and 45 minutes - that is your best bet between those two cities. A ticket bought on the Czech Railways eshop costs about 30 € if bought three days or more in advance. Dresden is about halfway between the two. The best way to get to and from Cesky Krumlov is the Student Agency bus (3 hours). So it is up to you how you combine the cities. Personally, I would see Berlin, then go from Berlin to Prague, spend a few days in Prague, then head down to Cesky Krumlov for a night (morning bus there, evening bus back). Then a night in Prague, and up to Dresden the next day, then back up to Berlin after a few days to finish off the trip.

Kuwait
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion might be the better route. I was planning on spending 2 nights in C Krumlov to go hiking or something and enjoy the peace.

the Czech Republic
Level Contributor
721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

2 nights in Cesky Krumlov make a lot of sense if you want to go hiking. The town is surrounded by forests and hiking trails.

4. Re: Need advice on route: Berlin>Dresden>Prague>C.Krumlov>Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16