We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

ATLANTA,GA
Level Contributor
56 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

My daughter will be studying in Vienna and Prague this May. We wanted to tag on to the beginning or end of her trip. Next on my list was the Northern UK so this is unexpected for me (often these are the best). Any and all opinions welcome....where to start? I hope to spend a week to 10 days. Very open here :)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,360 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

If you mean Northern UK as being Scotland, and HIghlands in particular, then don't hesitate, a wonderful part of the UK.

Then you can fly from Edinburgh on Jet2 to Prague.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,119 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

If you take any of the short haul/budget type airlines akin to Southwest- read all the fine print...some of them are extra particular about luggage/ carry on, printing out your ticket beforehand, on-line check-in etc.

They will charge you for almost anything they can find...overweight, not having pre-printed boarding pass, if you failed to mention luggage when you did on-line check-in etc.

enjoy your visit

Edited: 19 January 2014, 20:39
ATLANTA,GA
Level Contributor
56 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

Thanks for the heads up!

ATLANTA,GA
Level Contributor
56 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

Hmmmm.... Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,377 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

jet2 are very generous in their luggage allowances 22kg for hold luggage (which you have to pay) and 10kg) for cabin bags free of charge.

I recently booked Edinburgh Prague return and with hold luggage it was under £170 return

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,360 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

Maybe tejas could tell us which low cost European airline charges for overweigh pax?

7. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 11:33
Edited: 20 January 2014, 11:33
8. Re: Czech rep vs austria vs france ..where to start, may 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 06:19