We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Prague to Venice?

Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Prague to Venice?

Hi,

I'm traveling to Europe for the the first time in October! I'm have a couple of questions about the train system. I would like to take a train from Prague to Vienna on Tuesday October 7 in the morning, and spend a few hours in Vienna. Then, I would like to take the night train on to venice and arrive Wednesday morn. I'm currently in the process of booking hotels and airplane tickets. I would like to go ahead and book train tickets too. Is there any website where I can book now?? How far in advance can you book? And does this sound like a good plan? Any advice is welcomed! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,305 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Prague to Venice?

use Czech railways eshop for Prague to Vienna from 60 days in advance..19 euros

use Austrian railways for Vienna to Venice..from about 90 days in advance,.

You should stop in Vienna for a couple of days at least, unless you've been before

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Prague to Venice?

just an FYI, Wizz Air flies from Prag to Venice..you can check as it is not daily flight

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,006 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Prague to Venice?

Yup -

1) Prague to Vienna from 19 euros on an afternoon train pre-booked at www.cd.cz/eshop

2) Vienna to Venice overnight by sleeper train from 39 euros with couchette (flat bunk with rug and pillow) or from 79 euros with a proper bed in a cosy 2-bed sleeper, book at www.oebb.at

Both sites give print-at-home tickets, easy! Why not take a morning train and see a bit of Vienna, or at least have dinner there?

There's nothing like rumbling across the causeway into Venice, then walking out of Venice Santa Lucia station to be greeted by all the gondolas and vaporettos on the Grand Canal!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Prague to Venice?

How far in advance can you book each ticket?

5. Re: Train from Prague to Venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25