We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

czechtransport.com help

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
czechtransport.com help

Hi,

I have tried booking tickets on the train from Prague to Budapest via the official store online, however they appear to have sold out of sleepers, and we are taking the overnight train. As we can't get them form the official store, we were hoping to book through czechtransport. I know it has a mark up of ~20 Euro on it, but I would rather have the tickets pre booked. So regardless of the amount they charge, is this a reputable dealer, as in, will we get our tickets and will they be valid? I've seen a few questions about this company, but the comments only say to book through the official store. I've tried that and they're sold out. So I just want to know if it's safe to book with this company

Thanks

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: czechtransport.com help

What day are you trying to book on? I doubt that this company has purchased the tickets ahead of time and will resell them to you. I imagine they will tell you that it is sold out as well. If you give us the date, we can double-check the availability for you.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: czechtransport.com help

Date is for the 11th of July

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: czechtransport.com help

I just checked it and, indeed, the sleepers seem to be sold out. You can get a couchette directly from the official website. There are four or six couchettes in the compartment - the difference being that the fifth and sixth are stowed if the first four people are willing to pay the extra price. The cost for one couchette in a four-berth compartment is 1092 CZK, so you can always buy all four and have the whole compartment to yourselves.

In any case, www.czechtransport.com is not a real company, as far as I can see, but a website that sends you to other website. They are even offering the domain name for sale at the top of the page. Where are you seeing that they actually sell tickets themselves?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: czechtransport.com help

Sorry, there should be a hyphen there. It's www.czech-transport.com

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: czechtransport.com help

I posted some instructions on how to get around this the other day, without having to go to an expensive reseller.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…replies

Edited: 25 May 2014, 08:09
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: czechtransport.com help

Oh, those guys. If you want to read about them, here is the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k44745…

I think it is the longest forum in the history of the Czech Republic forum - 139 posts and counting:-)

I don't know how they will get a ticket that is not available on the official website unless they have an agreement with the railway company, which I doubt. I would clarify this before handing over money.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: czechtransport.com help

Is there something more specific? That is a very long list of replies, and the only other option I can see is to buy them when we get there, which we don't want to do, because it will be late at night, and we don't want to have to worry about it. I am travelling with my mother, and she does not like the idea of waiting till we get there because it is an overnight train and we will not have accommodation if something happens and we can't get tickets. I know it's unlikely but it is a concern. I will definitely contact them and ask about how they get tickets if the official sellers are sold out. I may also consider the previous suggestion of buying out a 4 berth couchette if that is possible. However, we definitely want to prebook tickets for this section.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: czechtransport.com help

Go directly to www.cd.cz and purchase a ticket from the "eShop". This is official website of Czech Railways.

They will e-mail your ticket to you, and you then print it out. Note: they will ask for you name and "document" number (passport). They always check the number on the printed ticket against your passport.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: czechtransport.com help

I refer you to answer 5 above.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: czechtransport.com help

There are 78 replies on that post. Which one are you referring to specifically?