We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

My ward is having a 2 month internship at Technical University at Liberec, Czech Republic from Mid May to Mid July. we also plan to visit with her. our departure airport will be New Delhi in India arrival Airport is Prague. we plan a visit around Prauge- librec- dresden-berlin on one side and prague-cesky Krumlov- vienna-karakow-budapest on other side. we seek advises from fellow travelers.

1. what should be the total duration( we have 6 to 10 days)

2. Suggestion on itinerary for the above destination with suggestion on any further inclusion or exclusion.

3. mode of travel and suggestion on advance booking of tickets.

4. suggestions on Low cost family hotels.( we are Couple + two teen age kids)

5. which are are outside schengen and require separate visa.

Thanks in advance.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,264 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

You want to do all this in 10 days as well as seeing your daughter? None are outside Schengen

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,243 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

you will not have time do most of these things...you need to pick only 1 or 2 destinations and then make a plan.

there is not much in Liberec, the TV tower and zoo are the main things.

Dresden is not convenient in this case-I would skip it.

Berlin, Krakow are too far

I would pick Budapest or Vienna since they are capital cities. Even though I prefer Budapest-Vienna would be more of a contrast to Prague.

best mode is by train..do not buy EuroRail, EuroPass etc..book directly with respective train websites...lots of previous info regarding train travel....when booking there is no need for first class or for seat reservation.

there is a lot of info about Prague, Vienna and Budapest combo..simply use the search box above and previous posts will appear and answer a lot of your questions

Edited: 24 March 2014, 21:35
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

Thanks a lot Tejasombre. BTW I have been to Batumi in 2006. a beautiful town. any way Liberec is compulsory as my daughter is to go for Internship in Tech University. hence except Prague & Liberec every thing is open. I request you to kindly advise a fresh any destinations worth visiting and value for money in conjunction with Liberec/ Prague. time period is 6 to 10 days. Thanks a lot in advance

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,243 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Czech_Repub…

you should concentrate on the city of Prague for history, architecture, galleries etc.

the best suggestion is to look in the top right column for 'day trips' from Prague to see what things interest you. also look for "Things to See and Do" in Prague

as mentioned, there is easy/affordable connection b/w Prague and Liberec via Student Agency Bus.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 07:57
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

Thanks a lot. However I seek advises to visit other European major city which are conveniently accessible from Prague like viena, Budapest.

the Czech Republic
Level Contributor
721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

It is helpful to realize that people from different countries travel in different ways. I know that many people from India enjoy seeing several cities within a few days.

From Prague to Cesky Krumlov travel by the Student Agency bus (3 hours). Spend several hours or one night in Cesky Krumlov depending on your preferences. Then take a shared shuttle to Vienna (3 to 4 hours). Take a train from Vienna to Budapest.

A night train from Budapest to Krakow takes 10 hours. Return to the Czech Republic by train again.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 10:19
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,243 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

I already suggested to you Budapest and Vienna. You didn't seem to acknowledge that suggestion yet you asked about the area of Liberec-hence my previous reply.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 10:29
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

Tejashombre , I am thankful for your suggestions. I am also thankful to Oldriska to understand Indians habit. yes we wish to cover more cities with in a short time.

In my revised question was to seek advises to visit best possible spots in conjunction with Prague/liberec.

9. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov/Vienna/karakow/Budapest/ dresdon/berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:15