We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Which Ceske Budejovice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Hello, We arrive at PRG airport at 13:40 Sept 16 (Tues), and need to get to Ceske Budejovice, specifically the Clarion Congress hotel. At first I thought train was the best option, but now I am thinking may bus is better? However the student bus leaves I believe on the hour at :35, and I don't know if I could make 14:35.

Would this be the best/fastest option to take and if so would they allow me to transfer my ticket to 15:35 if I missed the connection? Also, I have just tried to book the Student bus online, and I keep getting an error message, very frustrating! I am also considering CK shuttle. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

You are arriving from Amsterdam at Terminal 2, I presume. If so, there are no passport controls and customs checks are very lax, if any, so you can clear very quickly. You only have to figure the time to get to the baggage carrousel and collect your luggage. I think you can make the 14:35 bus.

The bus tickets at this moment are only offered online till the end of August. I would check back regularly to see if September is being offered yet. However, I don't think you will be able to use a 14:35 ticket for the 15:35 bus if you don't make the 14:35 one. I think you can try sweet-talking the driver, but there is a chance it will be full and nothing will get you on. For example, there is only one ticket available for the 14:35 bus today, so I imagine the interest is quite high and you may not get on without purchasing in advance.

The bus tickets cost 220 CZK ($11). If that isn't an issue, you can buy for both buses to be on the safe side. Or you can buy for the 15:35 bus and then if you do make it there in time for the 14:35 you can try to get on the earlier bus with that ticket. I think the chances are higher of them accepting the ticket for the earlier bus if they happen to have room.

Taking the train would mean taking the Airport Express bus to the main train station and then a fast train to Ceske Budejovice. It would be a bit longer than taking the direct bus, but you wouldn't have to buy anything in advance. The total cost would be 265 or 295 Kc depending on the connection. The first connection you could make is this one leaving at 14:20, and there are other possibilities every half hour after that:

jizdnirady.idnes.cz/detail/…

You can check times at www.idos.cz.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Thanks very much! It sounds like the student bus is the way to go if I could make the 14:35. Would you have an idea where I would catch it? I will try again in about a week to book this, hopefully it will be open by then. When they drop me in Ceske Budejovice, what is the best way to get to the Clarion Congress hotel? Taxi? Or can I walk there? thx!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

The bus stop at the airport is between Terminal 1 and the big parking garage. It is under the long overpass that takes cars to Terminal 2. As you exit Terminal 2, you just head straight out and then along (under) the overpass until you get to the bus stop. It should take you 5 minutes from the terminal. Here is a map:

https:/…17552003.html

You can walk or take a taxi from the station in Ceske Budejovice to the hotel. Here is a personalized map:

https://goo.gl/maps/RFkQu

22 minutes by foot or 4 minutes by car, according to Google.

BTW, the Clarion is a nice hotel. I've been to several conferences there. It is newly reconstructed. Are you going for a conference or just to visit? In any case, make sure to get into the center to see the main square and the old town, which is just a ten-minute walk from the hotel.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

BTW, I just realized that the Student Agency bus from the airport to Ceske Budejovice is not direct. For the 14:35 bus, you get on a Student Agency bus from Karlovy Vary to Prague, take that to the main bus station Florenc, then you have to travel by metro to the Na Knizeci bus stop and transfer to another bus to Ceske Budejovice. I thought that the bus that stops at Na Knizeci originated at the airport.

The bus to Ceske Budejovice that you would catch as part of your trip leaving the airport at 14:35 leaves Na Knizeci at 16:00. You can make it from the airport to Na Knizeci in 42 minutes by taking public transportation (a 32 CZK ticket). There are many different combinations, but the easiest is to take the 100 bus from Terminal 2 (saves you the walk to the Student Agency bus stop) to Zlicin, which is at the end of the yellow B metro line. You take that metro line directly to the stop Andel, and if you exit from the platform at the back of the train, the escalator will take you right to the Student Agency bus stop for the bus to Ceske Budejovice. Much better than the original plan.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Hmmm, do you think I would be better off just taking the Airport Express to the train station and then taking a train which leaves every half hour? Sounds like it might be easier? Or paying more and getting the CK Shuttle direct to the hotel in CB, although it costs a LOT more I think! Also, we will have a lot of luggage / hockey gear with us to drag around.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 23:17
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

The fastest and cheapest way to get there is the local bus - metro - Student Agency bus that I mentioned. It will cost only 197 CZK per person (165 CZK for the bus ticket and 32 CZK for the bus/metro). Plus you should buy a ticket for each suitcase that will cost you 16 CZK each (for the bus/metro). However, you have to walk a bit from the terminal to the bus, then a bit more from the bus stop down into the metro, then back up from the metro to the bus stop.

The Airport Express/train combination will cost, as I said above, either 265 CZK or 295 CZK depending on the connection. Or it can cost 257 CZK if you buy the combination ahead of time on the Czech Railways eshop (but then you have to buy for a concrete bus/train and lose the flexibility, so I wouldn't recommend it). But the benefit of the AE/train combo is that it is flexbile - you don't have to buy ahead of time and you don't have to worry about it selling out. If you get in late, you can just take the next connection (till 9 pm, after which you'll have to spend the night in Prague). Here are the times you leave the airport and arrive in CB:

14:22 > 18:01

14:42 > 18:44

15:32 > 19:01

16:32 > 20:01

17:32 > 21:01

Plus you don't have to pay extra for luggage, it is more comfortable (you can move around on the train) and you have one fewer transfer with your luggage. You start and arrive at the same places, so the trips and the prices and the flexibility are the deciding factors.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Thank you so much! You have been so very helpful! Looking very forward to visiting Czech Republic!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

Thank you so much! You have been so very helpful! Looking very forward to visiting Czech Republic!

9. Re: Travel from PRG airport to Ceske Budejovice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Ceske Budejovice