We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Hi,

I am planning to visit Cesky Krumlov in 2 weeks time and wondering if there is direct bus from Prague airport to Cesky Krumlov. Been doing some homework and some of the route i read seem to suggest I have to go to Prague city to get bus to Cesky Krumlov.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

munich
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Hi,

check out the following webpage jizdnirady.idnes.cz/ConnForm.asp… If the site works properly (which is not always the case ;-), you can find any bus connections within the Czech Republic.

travel_bee73

Trebon
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Hi,

There is no direct bus from Prague airport to Cesky Krumlov. As you said, you have to get to Prague city first and than take a bus (or train) to Cesky Krumlov.

Jiri

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

thanks for the help. guess have to change at Prague. Which bus station to CK will I be closest to if i travel from airport?

Again thanks.

Trebon
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

There are two bus stations where the direct buses for CK leave from - "Praha, Florenc" and "Praha, Na Knizeci". Give me the time of your landing on Ruzyne airport please and I will send you the departure of your bus and the location of the bus station where you will leave from. Or you can find it by yourself on the link mentioned in the post here above: jizdnirady.idnes.cz/ConnForm.asp…

Jiri

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Hello,

I saw your posting and am wondering if you found a way to reserve in advance a bus from Praha Na Knizeci to Cesky Krumlov. We are going to Prague in a couple weeks and would like to make a reservation to Cesky Krumlov, as I understand the buses fill up pretty quickly. Thanks!

pierson
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

1. At www.studentagency.cz in the upper left corner click the third word of the fourth line, ie., "jízdenky" (tickets).

2. Click "SA C.KRUMLOV - C.BUDEJOVICE - PRAHA" on the left side of the page and fourth category from the top.

3. Click "JÍZDNÍ ŘÁD/REZERVACE" on the left side of the page and second category from the top.

4. Under "Odkud" select "PRAHA, KNÍŽECÍ" and under "Kam" select "ČESKÝ KRUMLOV AN" unless you want the return trip. In that second case under "Odkud" select "CESKY KRUMLOV" and under "Kam" select "PRAHA." The "Na Knizeci" bus station is located above the "Andel" Metro station in Prague, and the bus leaves here from bus stop #1. "Cesky Krumlov AN" refers to the main bus station in Cesky Krumlov. On departures from Cesky Krumlov, the bus leaves from bus stop #4 at this bus station. Further down this same web page is a chart with the various times and stops along this route.

5. Choose your date of travel at "datum odjezdu" (in Europe the day is listed first; the month is listed second) and click the red rectangle "VYHLEDAT SPOJE" (search for connections).

6. If there is a seat available on the day you wish to travel, click "REZERVACE" by the time of day you wish to depart; otherwise return to #5 to try another day. If you click the magnifying glass, it will show the vacant seats on that bus. At this writing, one is able to buy only one ticket at a time, a nuisance if one's credit card has a significant fee for every "currency exchange" transaction.

7. Select "DOSPĚLÝ" to the left of the red square for the standard ticket unless you are a college student, less than 15 years old, etc., and click the red rectangle "ZVOLIT" (choose).

8. Click the red rectangle "POKRAČOVAT" (continue).

9. Click the vacant seat you want.

10. Click the red rectangle "ZAPLATIT" (pay). The number to the left of this red rectangle (usually 140 Kc for the standard ticket without discounts) is the amount you pay in Czech crowns. There is a currency converter at http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to obtain the current exchange rate.

11. Underneath the cost of the ticket in Czech Crowns, type your jméno (first name), příjmení (surname), and email address.

12. Click the word underneath the credit card you will use.

13. Type your "credit card number, expiration date, and CVC2/CVV2."

14. Go to your email to print a confirmation of your ticket to show to the bus driver. ENJOY THE AIR CONDITIONED RIDE.

Hong Kong
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

Please advise if the reservation at ww.studentagency.cz is refundable in case of cancellation in advance.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,915 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

cancellation by whom?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,915 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

If it is you who is cancelling, and you have an e-ticket, then you have to do it in person at at least 30 minutes before the departure of the bus on which you originally reserved the seat, and the handling charge is 10 Crowns.

It is all in here under section 2.2.8.3 www.studentagency.cz/mainpage.php…

however, under section 2.2.8.6. it says that you can go to ANY Student Agency sales point and cancel.

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct Bus from Prague Airport to Cesky Krumlov?

I am writing to thank Tim Keane for his response to my inquiry back in October 2008. For some reason the reply was just today, May 4, 2009 emailed to me ??

Your detail on how to get the tickets from Prague to Cesky Krumlov are so detailed and perfect. I wished I had seen them when we went to Prague last year! I did eventually figure out how to get the bus tickets but your reply would have saved much time and further research.

I suggest coolxz refer to your October 1, 2008 posting for great instructions on how to get bus tickets from Prague to CK.

Thanks.

SuzanneH2008