We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel in Cesky

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel in Cesky

Hello. We plan to spend 2 nights in Cesky in September but I am having trouble choosing a hotel. We generally stay in 4/5 star hotels but are happy to stay at a 3* if the location etc is right. We like to be within easy walking distance to sights, restaurants etc but also would like to stay in a hotel that offers secure safe parking. Reading some reviews it seems that some people have had security problems having to leave their car in public car parks away from the hotel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bev

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

We always choose to stay in B&Bs (just our personal preference) and there are several nice ones in Cesky Krumlov. Would you be interested in a B&B?

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

Yes we would be interested in B&B, thank you

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

OK - my personal favourites are (in descending order) and very easy access to the old town (if not right in old town):

Castleview - lovely rooms, located smack dab in the centre of the old town but it does get quiet at night

Ve Vezi - in an old stone tower - unique and interesting

Kadlec - lovely

Kapr - lovely location on the water

Skala - stupendous breakfasts, apartment, fairly plain room, located near busy street

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

Thanks again. I had already emailed off to the Castleview apartments in Cesky but to date I have not received a reply so am assuming they are full. I will look at the other places you have recommended.

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

Do you know if the Castleview has secure parking? Thanks again

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

Shoot - I am surprised they have not responded to your email.

Anyway, if you do manage to get a room (last time I believe we got the room 3 nights for the price of 2 - in May) the parking is not secure as in gated and locked (unless it has changed recently). However, the parking is in the back and we felt safe with it. No problems whatsoever.

Good luck! You are sure to love Cesky Krumlov, especially as you are staying there. You will see the difference between day time and evening. It is like an entirely different place when all the daytrippers have left.

There is a medieval/rustic restaurant literally 10 feet away from Castleview but it quiets down. I have extremely bad insomnia and so am very picky about that type of thing.

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

I have sent them another email just in case my last one was lost in cyberspace!

Thanks

Bev

pierson
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

Dear "chefathome,"

The parking at Castle View Apartments is not "in the back," although it is in a "guarded lot". See …castleview.cz/info.html for additional details.

Dear "bevchris,"

Fortunately the Castle is still open in September (it is closed on Mondays unless the Monday is a state holiday). At www.castle.ckrumlov.cz/docs/en/atr3.xml you will find the hours/details. Be sure to take tour #1 to see the Masquerade Hall where people painted on the walls seem to step out into the room.

Below are the scheduled events for September that might be of interest to you in addition to just meandering through the medieval streets:

Jazz at the Summer‘s End 10. - 13. 9.

International festival of Jazz and Alternative music. The festival takes place

over the whole year: one concert each month, and a traditional four-day

festival at the end of the Summer.

Day without Barriers Český Krumlov 13. - 14. 9.

UNESCO Cultural heritage town of Český Krumlov opens up selected,

culturally important, locations to visitors with physical, visual, aural and other

impairments, enabling them to visit places where they normally would only

have limited access or no access at all.

European Heritage Days (EHD) 13. - 14. 9.

Special days, when the public can visit most interesting historical heritage

buildings and town-areas, including those that under normal circumstances

are only partially accessible or completely inaccessible.

Saint Wenceslas Celebrations 26. - 28. 9.

Autumn Fair, a celebration of good food and drink, merry-making, street

theatre, and concerts on the occasion of the name-day of St Wenceslas, the

Patron Saint of Bohemia. Open-air markets, special St Wenceslas‘ menu,

St Wenceslas‘ Night of open museums and galleries, and other generous

cultural activities.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

I've been to CK 3 or 4 times (I used to live in Prague). I always stayed at the Konvice which is a reasonable 3* hotel. I like it because the rooms are huge and beautiful and have nice old decoration. Reasonable breakfast buffet. Pay the extra for the better room.

www.en.stadthotel-krummau.de/index.html

I think they have a garage but I always parked in a car park on the edge of town (first time I went to CK I drove my shiny company car into a dumpster, which was expensive and I never lived down the humiliation at work. I vowed never to risk those narrow streets again). I never had a problem with the car in the parking lot, I always parked in P3. When I took my less agile parents to CK I unloaded at the top of Horni and then drove round to the lot.

My favourite places for dinner are Satlava Krcma which is round the corner and does excellent flame grilled meat with a medieval theme and Laibon which does excellent vegetarian stuff.

10. Re: Help with hotel in Cesky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 06:27
Get answers to your questions about Cesky Krumlov