We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spa in karlovy vary

Which Karlovy Vary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 post
Save Topic
spa in karlovy vary

hello!i will visit karlovy vary just for one day,where can i go for spa?thermal bath or massage...thank you

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spa in karlovy vary

You can go to Zámecké lázně (Castle Spa) www.edengroup.cz

They have a program for 2 hours, which includes some of the therapy.

If you want just a massage, you can look at: www.spa5.cz (closer to the bus station) or www.spaiii.cz ( the centre of the spa district).

You should know: It depends on the season, sometimes they are very busy and reservation in advance is better (if you really want it).

Classical spa massage can be a disappointing for you (it´s usually short massage, just back). Thermal bath is not recommended if you have a low blood pressure. There are a lot of attractions in the town.It can be also a waste of the time for you, if you don´t have really the whole day there.

You can go also to Thermal swimming pool: www.thermal.cz

If you stay in the town for a night, nearly every hotel can arrange you some spa treatment.

Have a nice time in Karlovy Vary!

Edited: 11 December 2011, 11:43
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spa in karlovy vary

HI, Hana

My family have 3 adults and 3 kids (5 12 and 13) is staying 3 nts in Prague, is it worth it to make a trip to karlovy vary. How far away if travel by train or bus between this two cities, can that be a day trip.

Thank you.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Karlovy Vary from Prague:

One day trip is possible, the busses are going quite often (nearly every hour), you can look at: www.jizdnirady.cz ( little English map the right lower corner) or www.studentagency.cz Better by the bus than the train.

The bus station in Karlovy Vary is about 5 - 10 minutes from the main spa district and the main street of the spa is along the river, easy and pleasant walk.

You can join also the organized tours (everywhere in Prague) with the agencies like Premiat, Martin, Best tours, Bohemia, etc. Their prices are similar and the program of the trip too.

Comfortable, but more expencive, is the private tour....

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Hi Hana

My husband and I wish to spend 3 nights holiday - end of August - in Karlovy Vary and to take relaxing treatments such as massage. Which hotels and packages do you recommend and also what is the must see in Prague or Karlovy Vary?

Thank you

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Karlovy Vary - nearly every hotel has some spa treatments. The difference is, if you are there for a regular treatment ( after some difficult healthy troubles) or just looking for a relax. I think, you want the second one...

I would go to Zámecké lázně ( www.castle-spa.com ), look to the program "family", every day at 2pm. This is a nice program for the guests "from the street". Where to stay? It depends on your budget.... One of the most famous and elegant hotels - hotel Pupp. Reasonable prices, just the spa city centre www.lazneiii.cz

You can try there "classical" spa treatment.

What to see there? Just walk along the river Teplá is great. If you have a time, go to MOSER glass factory, you can visit also Becherovka museum, funicular to Diana Hill, swimming in Thermal and others. Very nice trips around too.

Praha - not easy to say everything just by a few words. Look to www.praguewelcome.com for a good information about the town.

If you have any other questions, just write me.

Best regards

Hana

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Hi Hanna

I am not sure whether to use castle spa or Elizabeth spa? They both seem to have similar rates. Which one is more popular/better?

Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spa in karlovy vary

I think, Castle spa will be better and easier for you. Elizabeth spa is better for the regular patients, Castle spa for the tourists and short time visiters.

I was there for a two hours program, it was nice, everything at one place.

Best regards

Hana

5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Many thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spa in karlovy vary

My last experience of Castle Spa:

I was there last week, 2 hours program (limited by my schedule). Better to think about 3 hours stay. Not so big difference in the price, you can come any time of the day ( for 2 hours entrance at 5pm), bathrobe included, what makes the stay more comfortable. It was nice! I like underwater massage from offered procedure.

I stayed just 1 night at the pension Chebský dvůr (www.egerlanderhof.eu). Good location, clean rooms, not so big standard, but quiet and very good prices.

5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: spa in karlovy vary

Hi hana

Thanks for your recommendation of castle Spa. We stayed in Prague and did two visits to Karlovyvary by bus. I would suggest that visitors book in advance for bus tickets as most schedules of Student Agency buses were full and we were limited with departure and return timings.

We purchased the 3 hours program at Castle Spa where included in the package the 15 minutes partial massage, oxygen therapy, alternating hot and cold water for feet and on top we purchased foot reflexology. It was a very good and relaxing experience. The facilities are of a high standard, clean and procedures were well organised. I have tried many massages in different part of the world but this was one of the best for me by "Alayna".

Downside of the trip was the language barrier as not many people spoke English and have difficulty finding our way around, some tried to help and some were rude . The lady who sells bus ticket at the central bus station was very rude when we asked her we wanted tickets to go to Spa district and said she was not a tourist office and refused to help. Another lady waiting at the station witnessed our desperate situation and guided us kindly even though she did not speak English. I think since this town is a popular tourists place, such employees selling bus tickets should be educated how to be kinder to tourists who bring income to their town.