We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts

Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gifts

I want avoid typical tourist area shops bit want to get friends and family Czech gifts. Any advice? Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gifts

The Manufaktura chain sells Czech-made gifts-

https://www.manufaktura.cz/en/

Mentioned in this post
Manufaktura
Manufaktura
308 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Czech Inn
Czech Inn
860 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gifts

Manufaktura is very good and have shops all over the place including many in the tourist areas and at the airport. I have bought a lot of nice stuff from there over the years.

Also try the various farmers/craft markets that are on in the city on various days of the week,there are big ones at Naplavka and Dejvice on Saturdays but go early as they tend to wind down around 2pm.I have got some lovely wooden toys and kitchen ware at these markets .

Mentioned in this post
Manufaktura
Manufaktura
308 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,032 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gifts

What kind of souvenirs? ....soaps, hand lotions etc @ Botanicus, the best one is the shop mentioned above for hand made items, wooden toys

A store called BLUE is also Czech

For me, I take local food stuff as souvenirs....from here-waffer cookies, garlic potato cihips. etc.

Mentioned in this post
Botanicus
Botanicus
97 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gifts

if you will be in northern moravia, buy stramberske usi :)

https:/…A0tramberk_ears

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
200 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gifts

I enjoy the custom paintings that the artists do on the bridge, the small ones are nice to put in small frames for various places at home. I have many scenic watercolors from various cities we have been to. Now my latest idea is to collect Christmas pictures to exchange in my frames for the holidays.

There are also a couple of notable stones representative of the area that are made into jewelry (rings, bracelets, etc.)...yes, I definitely always try to bring home something as a memory piece to wear! Sweatshirts are fun to have and for little kids, probably the typical stuff that a child would appreciate except with the name of the city on it?

Anyway, have fun. I am returning in December for my first Christmas Market (beyond excited!) and will have to fit some small items in my carry on to bring home for gifts, as well!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gifts

When you will be in Prague during the Christmas you can visit various Christmas exhibitions - the best one is in the Bethlehem Chapel (in the crypt), other in the Church of Our Lady of the Snow, in the Museum of Charles Bridge, in Klementinum, in Jindřišská Tower. It isn ´t free but the entrance fee is usually 70 CZK, you will see wonderful nativity scenes (Although most of the Czech are atheist they love to make them) and you can buy nice Christmas decoration there.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Bethlehem Chapel
Bethlehem Chapel
111 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
59,503 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Klementinum
Klementinum
976 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Czech Inn
Czech Inn
860 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gifts

I bought some beer shampoo at Manufaktura. I think it is very Czech style.

Mentioned in this post
Manufaktura
Manufaktura
308 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
London
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gifts

Agree that Manufaktura has some lovely things. I also bought some glass from Blue which you will see all over. They also have one in the airport which is only marginally cheaper. Not all the stores sell the same items.

Mentioned in this post
Manufaktura
Manufaktura
308 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gifts

btw, i know this is an old thread, but gift that is typically czech just came to my mind, some say it is very kitsch, but i love them - josef lada's pictures.

google "obrazky josefa lady"

Reply to: Gifts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted