We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carryon luggage

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
667 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Carryon luggage

Is anyone aware of any changes regarding how many carryon luggage pieces will be allowed in Europe? We will be going to Prague, Budapest and Vienna in May. Thanks.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carryon luggage

Watch out....the weight of carryon luggage is less than you can take with you to and from the US. I got stopped at the check in desk in Frankfurt for a flight to Prague for overweight carryon luggage. I had to take things out and put in my traveling companions luggage. In the US...they do not weigh your carryon...well they will in Europe...at least they did in Frankfurt and I think they did the same on the flight from Prague back to Frankfurt.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carryon luggage

Watch out....the weight of carryon luggage is less than you can take with you to and from the US. I got stopped at the check in desk in Frankfurt for a flight to Prague for overweight carryon luggage. I had to take things out and put in my traveling companions luggage. In the US...they do not weigh your carryon...well they will in Europe...at least they did in Frankfurt and I think they did the same on the flight from Prague back to Frankfurt.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,613 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carryon luggage

Certainly in Europe one piece of carry on luggage has been the norm for as long as I can remember,but for years airlines let people get away with taking on more tham one peice as long as they were not too big.With all the recent security issues and the Budget airlines being stricter about weight limits ,they have all started to ebnorce this policy rigidly.A good thing in my opinion.

Ladies purses/handbags are considered one peice of carry on baggage and not in addition too anything else you may have.If you want your purse/handbag on your flight make sure it fits in your carry on bag and that bag is within weight and size restrictions.

If you are unsure of the weight and size restrictions check on the airlines web site....................... and stick to the limits,that helps keep to check in times.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carryon luggage

I also found that the carry on size is smaller than what is allowed on US flights. I had to check my carryon right before boarding. Check the airlines web site for size restrictions.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carryon luggage

it completely depends on which airline you are flying. Some airlines have a weight limit and don't allow wheelies as carry on. Others allow wheelies and don't have any weight limit as long as you can lift the carry on. some allow only one piece of hand luggage - others allow one handluggage and a computer bag.

If you connect through the UK, you are only allowed one piece of hand luggage for the european leg, even if you bought two from the US

6. Re: Carryon luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 02:16