We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi information from airport please ...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi information from airport please ...

I will be arriving in Prague with two friends 30th May and we will need a taxi from the airport to the hotel (Prague Central, Zone 2)

I have been told by so many people that you get ripped off by picking up a taxi from the airport and wondered whether you could book one to meet you that wouldn't!

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards Glynis

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
lancs uk
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

The cedaz taxis outside the airport are good, fixed price painted on side of them, it will be approx 480kr from airport to hotel for 3 of you, hope you have a great holiday cya.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

Hi Glynis,

Yes you can get ripped off. I met a couple who paid 900czk.

I was travelling alone so booked ahead with prague airport shuttle 650czk. You can get a bus directly into the town for a couple of crowns too.

Prague
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

AAA Taxi is consistently cheapest and dispatchers speak English. The # in Prague is 222 333 222 (with Czech area code 420), or you can take the bus (#119) right outside the Arrivals to the Dejvick�� metro station, which runs to the middle of the city.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Dallas
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

I ditto the suggestion for AAA. I usually take the express bus 100 to the metro...as previous poster mentions you can also take 119. but express bus gets you to the metro quicker. the cost for the ticket is 12 crowns, but your better off just buying a three day pass for 200 crowns and its good on all public transport in Prague.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Sheffield, UK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

We went in February and when we got to the airport we went on a cedaz shuttle bus cost 480ck for 2 of us and dropped us straight at our hotel. There is a cedaz desk in arrivals it took about 5 minutes and we were on our way. I wouldn;t worry aobut organising something before hand. This company also do pick ups from your hotel on your departure for the same rate.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

I agree with the last post. The Cedaz minibus is your best bet. Go outside the arrivals hall and you will see them lined up on your right. This past December the price was 480 Czech crowns. The minibus driver may wait until it is full, but your wait should only be about 5-10 minutes before departure.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

Hi Glynis,

went to prague last december and took a taxi from the airport to hotel in the old town, 5-10 minute walk to charles bridge. cost for 4 of us was ��15 pound for the taxi each way

UK
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

We did cedaz for 480kr right to our hotel easter wk end, scary driving but great service! Did try to rip off a large stag party tho by splitting them over more cars than necessary, but thats what you expect with that kind of trip i guess!

burton on trent
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

cedaz shuttle buses deffinately cheap and reliable, just pay at booth in arrivals hall and shuttles are waiting out side. small mini buses , as soon as they are full they go. But do use the metro while you are there, ticket available from machines of day passes fron tabac shops in metro, they are good for trams metro and buses. Enjoy your trip.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi information from airport please ...

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to reply ... how did we manage without this valuable resource!

Will report back on my findings!

Regards Glynis