We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment/hotel location

London, UK
Level Contributor
517 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
apartment/hotel location

hi

have narrowed down search to one apartment, APART HOTEL VODICKOVA 38 and a hotel called Hotel Dar, close to Old Town Square.

My question os has anyone heard of these and what are your thoughts on the location ?

Thanks

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment/hotel location

never heard of the hotel Dar. do you have further details as to where you have found this, so we can comment further?

vodickova where the apartment (not sure about the hotel side here) is a street off wenceslas square. there is a tramline running down the middle of the street and the building is next to a tram station, so if you have a low floor room or a room at the front you may not get much sleep if you are a light sleeper. rooms look simply but not luxuriously done. refurbishment is fairly recent

London, UK
Level Contributor
517 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment/hotel location

I had hoped to book arcadia residences but they were full, and it was he who recommended this hotel to me.

"As alternative I could propose you a newly-opened hotel (Hotel Dar) in

the same street of the Kozna apartments, few steps from the Old Town Square )

They are about to begin a cooperation with them, as they offer a similar location. Their website is not yet on line. The hotel has also a beautiful terrace with view over the Astronomical

clock on the Old Town Square. "

Hope you can help

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment/hotel location

I don't know where this hotel is located but I spent 30 days at the Arcadia with Pasquale and his family and don't think he would steer you wrong. He is VERY particular. While I was there he was checking on a hotel where he had sent some other guests (since he didn't have room).

Even though he didn't get any compensation he still stopped by to see how the guests were doing...

I guess the guests had asked the front desk clerk at the other hotel how long a ride it was to the airport and the front desk clerk didn't know. Pasquale was appalled that someone renting rooms to guests wouldn't know the driving distance to the airport. He said for that reason he would never recommend the hotel again.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
792 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment/hotel location

check here for the location:

www.pragueapartments-k.com/prague/?hom=apt

i'd prefer the location of the hotel dar...

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment/hotel location

kozna is right behind the old town square so as heinokules says, it has a good location. difficult though if you are planning to get to the hotel by taxi if you have significant luggage

London, UK
Level Contributor
517 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment/hotel location

thanks all, i have reserved Hotel Dar, and indeed Pasquale has been very helpful

thanks again

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment/hotel location

pasquale owns the hotel dar?

London, UK
Level Contributor
517 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply