We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel would you recommend?

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel would you recommend?

My husband and I are going to Prague in October and have booked two hotels. (We will cancel one, obviously.) We have booked U Tri Bubno and also the Cloister Inn. Both seems to get great reviews. I am partial to the U Tri Bubno because it looks so charming. Would you pick one over the other and for what reason? Thanks!! Also any suggestions for good vegetarian places in the Old Town? My husband eats no meat or fish. Thanks!!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

Vegetarian restaurants:

http://www.lehkahlava.cz/en_novinky.htm

http://www.beas-dhaba.cz/index.php?l=en

Many nicer places have vegetarian sections on the menus.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

I can comment on U Tri Bubno, but I have stayed at the Cloister. I have stayed there more then once and I will stay there on my return trip. I'm not sure what you're looking for in a hotel, but if you're looking for a hotel close to the Charles Bridge, Old Towna and New town then you may want to consider the Cloister. I liked that the Cloister wasn't on the main drag and that noise wasn't a problem and it wasn't extremely crowded. Also, the staff was very friendly and very helpful, they have booked a few tours for me. If you're looking for a clean, spacious, well located hotel then I would go for the Cloister.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

Thank you both. We will try both those restaurants!!

The Cloister Inn looks ok, for sure, but the U Tri Bubnu is actually right in the Old Town Square pretty much, so that location is better. But we are still not sure. The prices are pretty much the same, just a few Euros seperate them. We have a while to decide so any other suggestions would be helpful!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
349 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

If the price is about the same, i would choose U tri Bubnu. I thought that Cloister Inn would have to be much cheaper.

You are in the "main drag", but not at the main buzzing King's road, rather a little tucked behind the Old Town City Hall. The Square is spectacular and off season it shouldn't be too loud.

There is nothing like strolling streets of Old Town after dinner and knowing warm bed is just steps away:)

The drawback is obviously there are only tourist establishments around, for cheap lunch snacks and drinks the hidden secret is Bistro in The Municipal library (around the corner from you) or in Tesco - Narodni Trida, 5 min towards Wenceslas square.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

Now we are leaning towards the Cloister Inn for some reason...I think we'll go down to the wire with this one!! Our main concern is that we are within reasonable (10 minutes) walking distance of the major sites as we want to rely on public transportation as little as possible. I found a good website for restaurants and noticed how many offer veggie options. I was worried he was going to starve for three days.

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

Can i ask what website u found as im a veggie 2 and there seems 2 be hundreds of eating places.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

Yes, it's www.pragueexperience.com. Click on the "Where to eat" section and there is a list of places. Click on their menus and they will show you what they have to offer.

8. Re: Which hotel would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 06:20