We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Prague to Krakow

Michigan
4 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Prague to Krakow

I looked into a flight between Prague and Krakow for the first week of July. I am under the impression that czech air is the only carrier that does this route. Is that correct? The price was 59 760 CZK which when I converted was $3378.00. Could this possibly be right?

If so, I guess I will stick to the trains.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

Stick to the train - it is more fun and yes, you are right - it is the only airline that does it. The price sounds a bit high, but it is quite possible.

There are plenty of posts about this trip below - getting the night train works out a lot cheaper as you save on a hotel room for the night and you also have two extra full days' holiday - no hassle getting to and from airports, etc, and the extra time and expense involved. The train goes centre to centre and you get a nice comfy bed.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

Just to be sure - get a 1st class ticket for the sleeper train. I wouldn't use the adjective "comfy" for the 2nd class bunk beds type cabins.

Yes the price of flights between Prague and Krakow is ridiculous, not helped by a terribly weak dollar.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

I'll sleep on anything, me :) but yes, it is probably worth the bit extra for 1st class (but it doesn't get there any quicker)

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

I can't believe the price you found on Czeck Air, that is extremely high. I have done this route more then a few times and I paid anywhere from $200 - $300 USD. You may want to try Lot airlines, I got a good price for my up coming trip in May. The train is a good option if you can't find anything. Good luck.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

Sure you can try Lot Airlines, but it takes the same amount of time as the train (not including airport transfers, etc - so it actually takes longer) and you get to check out Warsaw airport on the way.

Which is sort of like flying from Orlando to Tallahassee via Washington DC.

Have a nice trip!

Michigan
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

Thank you all so much for the great info. Hey gobluegirl we are neighbors. The price I got for a flight was for three tickets. I definitely don't want to book a flight via Warsaw and fly all day, looks like we will be taking the train. Thanks for the tip to book a first class sleeper. You answered what was going to be my next question. While we are on the subject, what is the difference between a first class sleeper and second class?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

Here is the complete makeup of the train - the through sleeping car is car no. 356 (car no 7), and looks something like this inside:

Second class: www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CD/CD_WLAB.php

There doesn't seem to be a picture of first class, but it is similar, it just has a single bunk.

8. Re: Flights from Prague to Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 21:17