We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Prague a few questions

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
9 posts
Save Topic
First trip to Prague a few questions

Hello me and my wife will be coming to Prague in november and intend to stay at the EA william hotel.we have a few questions we need help with 1, is this hotel any good 2,What church has the infant of Prague statue 3,is it safe to walk around at night without bumping into prostitutes and villains 4, how cold will it be in mid november. many thanks for any help

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

Sorry to be negative but do you actually believe #3? If so, not sure why you would bother visiting.

( The notiion is an old wive's tale)

--

In the top right 'search' box, type 'William' and you will see info on the hotel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_Jesus_of_Prague

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

Durban
Level Contributor
228 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

Hi,

if you go to my profile you can read my trip report dated 7th Dec 2007 - travelled there for 4 days in mid November 2007.

stayed in Wenceslas Square, and was worried about a lot of the comments I'd read - but my girlfriend and I walked around at night completely safe; never came across any prostitutes, vagrants etc

All in all it was a great trip, and we loved the area despite recommendations to the contrary.

any other questions just give me a shout.

cheers

Andrew

London
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

many thanks to you

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

I have been checking EuroAgentur Hotel William especially because of its location. True you see few reviews about this hotel but those there are are positive, aren't they? I often stay in Mala Strana area one tram stop farther (Ujezd) than that (Hellichova)that is near William. Willam is only a stop away from Malastranske Square stop (St.Nicolas Church is there). Very central and good location, less than 5 minutes walk to Charles Bridge, even closer to Maltese Square with nice cafe/restaurants, and this may reassure you about the security issue but the hotel is close to embassies, there is one I think Finnish behind the hotel and at above mentioned Maltese Square there is a nice bulding of Japanese Embassy. I'd say you won't have much chance to bumping into prostitutes there. At Wenceslas Square you should have more chance, if any, for that.

The church of Infant Jesus (it should have another name but I forget) is on the other side of the street from Hotel Williams and just a little closer to Malastranske Square.

Skåne
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

If you as a male walk down Wenceslas Square you probably will be approached by prostitutes,they don´t always look like you expect them to and if you walk with a girlfriend they wont bother you. But dont worry,they are not dangerous,just tell them no'thanks I'm not inerested and keep walking

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

Kostel Panny Marie Vitezne in Karmelinska street, Mala Strana.

Southern California
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

I went to the BBC link and 32 - 40F degree weather in mid November doesn't concern me as much as the normal hours of sunlight. Two Hours... is that average? At what time of the day should we expect a little sun?

London
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

Many thanks for all your help.i had to ask the question about crime/vice as it was a concern to my wife.once again thanks

thesaloniki
Level Contributor
689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

In the areas you`ll be walking there is no danger. So far (more than 30 days in total) i`ve run into prostitues 2-3 times (when i was with my girlfriend she didn`t even approach) and once on guy selling "grass" ... 99% of sales persons are more pushing than this.

I`ve been in Prague 3 times in November. It`s not cold but it`s cloudy and rainy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First trip to Prague a few questions

Mytastebuds - November in Prague is the same like November anywhere in western Europe or North America ( eg. Paris, London, NYC, Chi, Boston). It likely won't be sunny as it's fall - grey, rainy, possibly foggy and cold. Just like fall in any other city, though you might get sunny day. It wil start getting dark around 4-5pm and it will be dark until 7am in the morning or so. It's like winter in Scandinavia/Northern Europe.

I am not sure what your BBC link refers to, doesn't make much sense.