We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

Hi All,

We're travelling on an overnight sleeper to Krakow next Sunday. I've heard that it can be rather confusing in the main station, as to which platform the train leaves from etc.

Just wondering if the staff at the station are at all helpful? We had a nightmare experience in Moscow, getting a sleeper to Tallinn last year, and want to avoid the same situation!!

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

I am afraid there is no information regarding platforms on the timetable. But it can't be that difficult if you get there in plenty of time. (21.24 Silesia express?) The station is not that huge and it is well signposted.

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
694 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

Due to the construction works the information about the platform will be displayed few minutes before the train appears at the specific platform. I guess it is impossible to get these information earlier, as the staff at the information point gets roughly the same info as the travelers. Anyway, you should be able to get to the platform without running like crazy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

I was there last year, and there is a large board on one level that gives the train information and the platform info. If I remember correctly you walk from the board down a long hall and the platforms are reached by steps or elevators from that one hallway. I think the platforms are also labeled with what train is expected. I didn't have a problem figuring it out. My only mistake was coming from Krakow and sitting in the wrong cabin of the train and ending up on a Vienna bound train when I was trying to get to Prague. Make sure you sit in the right cabin!

:)

The staff at the train station was not helpful, but I don't think it will be a problem. The information booth is technically staffed by someone who speaks English (i asked one question, I got a sort of intelligible answer). The ticket windows do not provide information.

Just keep showing your train info to anyone who will look at it and eventually you will get to the right place. This seemed to work for me.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

Thanks everyone! Really helpful and has set my mind at rest!

5. Re: Platforms in Prague Main Station (travelling to Krakow)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 20:25