We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to avoid the stag party group?

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
how to avoid the stag party group?

I will be going to Prague for the first time, and after reading all the postings about the stag parties, I would like to stay in a hotel which will be quiet.

Any advice? Would a 3-star hotel be a safe bet? or do I need to go for a 4-star?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

There are about a thousand hotels in Prague so without an idea of youe budget it is hard to pin down specific recommendations.

Generally I would say stay away from the Wenceslas Square are and you will be OK. Over in Mala Strana and out in Vinohrady will probably be the quieter areas.

The star rating system is a bit haphazard. A 4* in Prague will be more like 3* in North America. 4* will be out of budget for most stag parties but 3* might not be.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

hi

we stayed in the mala strana area and didnt see any stag parties.

ahev a look at partner hotel atos a 3 star hotel but nice and no problems.

any more questions just email me

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

Thanks for your responses.

My budget is to stay in a 3*, but I need to be able to go to sleep.

Will a double room which cost 150 Euro (during peak season, May) be a safe bet?

If I stay in the Mala Strana area, which I find very picturesque, is it safe for me to walk by myself across the bridges at night after concerts?

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

Vaxaholic,

What do you think of Hotel Merkur in old town?

Is there a "typical" stag hotel?

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

If you stay in the Mala Strana area it will be safe for you to walk over the bridge at night there are always a lot of people on it well into the night.

TORII

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

it is safe in the mala strana area the hotel is on a main road and youll be able to get to sleep okay.

most of stag parites are around wen square.

check out my review on hotel atos.

and also a great area for resoanble food.

email me if you want anymore information.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

hi

i booked through this site

www.hotelopia.com

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
562 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

vteotl, i honestly believe that its safer to walk at night in Prague than in California sometimes during a day (nothing against California).

Mala Strana is really spectacular and indeed you won't account any stag parties there since its mostly an area of governmental buildings, embassies and small hotels.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

Hotel Merkur is not a hotel I had heard of before. Having just checked the location I note it is very close to the Magistrala (a elevated freeway in your terminology). Also it's ranks (#460 of 582 hotels in Prague) doesn't inspire confidence and one of the reviews, albeit from a a couple of years back specifically mentions Stag Night noise.

My personal recommendation would be somewhere like Hotel Josef but it's more likely around €200 rather than €150. Without doubt you can get somewhere decent for your money and not be bothered by stags. Look for higher rated hotels in the Old Town or Mala Strana areas within your budget and you should be fine.

Finally, walking between Old Town and Mala Strana via Charles bridge should not be a concern at all.

10. Re: how to avoid the stag party group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2008, 16:20