We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What NOT to miss in Prague?

houston, tx
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What NOT to miss in Prague?

I'm going to Prague next week for only 3 days, therefore I'd like to know the things that i MUST DO and not to miss. Places I must go, rest., bar, food that i have to try other wise i did not make it to Prague??? Anything??? Thanks all!!!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Prague Castle is a MUST, there is so much to see there. When I was there they had afternoon concerts and a outside cafe which was good on a warm day.

Lots of tours start under the clock in Wenceclas Sq, which are enjoyable.

A walk around the Jewish Quarter is interesting even if you don't want to explore it fully.

A walk over the Charles Bridge is enjoyable, looking at the stalls there are boat trips starting underneath the bridge if I remember right. With Men dress-up in salior uniforms, you got an ice cream and cake included in your ticket price. It was lots of fun.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Chales Bridge day or night is wonderfuul,take a trip up the bridge tower for some great views.

The Castle,so much to see and do in the area,St Vitus catherdral and it's tower and of course the lesser town itself.

The Municiple House (Obincni dum) wonderful place.

The bars and resturants and wonderfully decorated and also the loos ,its not the cheapest place to eat and drink in Prague but a fantastic place.

The Old town Square,some lovely buildings,the Astronomical clock ,Tyn Church ,great bars and a wonderful place and great atmosphere.

The U prince roof terrace the views are wow,best time is at dusk ,watch Prague light up.

TORII

houston, tx
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Thanks guys...I'll make sure to go to all the places you listed. THANK YOU!!!!

NC
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Can these all been done on our own or should I hire a private guide? IF so , who?

NC
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Can these all been done on our own or should I hire a private guide? IF so , who?

scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

charles bridge, castle and old town square are easy to get to on your own. if you want facts etc, join one of the tours that start under the astronomical clock

7. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2009, 23:51
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,317 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

Everything can be done on your own - no real need to pay for a tour as a good guide book will suffice, and you will probably find more that way as you will see things off the beaten track and will not just be herded to the places the tour guide wants you to see.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

GCEK

This post was bumped up along with many more by someone spamming the boards.

TORII

10. Re: What NOT to miss in Prague?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 13:20