We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

Thank you to all of you for the suggestions

! An about tours out of Prague, like Ceski Krumlov and the others (I don't remember the name:-))..are better to do it with a tour or go with a bus? We are 3 that's why tours, if not necessary are big expense.

What places out of Prague are a MUST?

New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

I think a must is to see Kutna Hora. Cesky Krumlov would be my first choice minus the long journey as it is almost three hours each way so if you can put up with that in a day do it but also I think it deserves an overnight. The name of the most famous spa town is Karlovy Vary.

Praha
Level Contributor
634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

If you are more than 2 you have reduced price (group discount) for train tickets and you are 3 so it's good.

But it's more recommended to take bus than train (it's shorter and direct connection) to CK.

Look here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k26075… - information about how to get to Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary.

Train connections www.vlak.cz/ConnForm.asp?tt=a&p=CD&cl=E5

Bus and train connections jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/ press English in the right bottom corner

Day-trips - some suggestions - most visited places (Karlštejn, Kutná Hora, Plzeň (Pilsen), Tábor etc.): tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k25645…

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

We loved Cesky Krumlove but its best to do as an overnight. Travel time 3-4 hours each way. Evenings are beautiful.

New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

We did a private day tour out of Prague, which collected us from our hotel then returned us there at the end of the day.

We went to-

Karlstejn Castle

Karlovy Vary

Plzen beer brewery

Very Enjoyable Day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

My favourites outside of Prague are numerous:

- Pernstejn and Zvikov Castles

- Cesky Krumlov

- Telc

- Olomouc

- Cesky Raj area

Renting a car is a fabulous way to see the countryside!

7. Re: What about tours to Cesky Krumlov and the spa town??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 23:17