We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

My husband and teen son will spend a complete week in Prague, first week in May.

I don’t want to miss the "must see" sites of Prague but also I want to visit Cesky Krumlov.

With so many suggestions I don’t know how to organize the days since I don’t know hot long it takes each site. I want to save some money so I planning to do the tours independently whenever is possible. Please help! (Day Number one I arriving to Prague at noon form USA0 so probably will be too tired. And I Day number 7 I still have the whole day in Prague.)

Please helpJ

Prague
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

It is very individual and it’s up to you. You can take best of Prague in one day or in 3 days. My suggestion is to stay 3 days in Prague, one day something interesting around Prague (Kutna Hora), then go to South Bohemia (2 Days) and visit Cesky Krumlov (one day), but do not miss interesting place around (e.g. Vyssi Brod, Rozmberk, Holasovise).

1. Accomodation, night life

2. Prague (choose what do you like)

3. Prague (choose what do you like)

4. Around Prague – Kutná hora, Maybe Karlstejn

5. Cesky Krumlov

6. South Bohemia – (Vyssi Brod, Rozmberk, Holasovise,Ceske Budejovice…)

7. Rest of Prague

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

Also not to be missed is Moravia which contains some of the country's most beautiful landscapes (UNESCO biospheres eg. the Moravian Karst or the Pálava region to the south of Brno), and cities/Towns (Brno, Olomouc, Lednice, Kroměříž, Třebíč, Telč, Žďár (all containing UNESCO world heritage sites), etc, etc) and the south of Moravia is the Czech Republic's wine country. May is a great time to visit, and most places are even quicker to reach than Český Krumlov :)

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

Thank you! And I thought that 7 days were too much...

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

No way - even 7 years is not enough :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

7 days is ample to experience the best of Prague but GCEK is right, it might take up to 7 years to know all the beauties of Prague. I have been to Prague twice already and can't wait to go back and explore other areas surrounding Prague.

Just an advice, since you have 7 days, please approach your vacation at leisure pace and don't rush into running from one place to another. You might regretted when you are queuing for your flight back and wished you had spent more time at this place over the other. Then again if that happens then you have a very good reason to re-vist Prague on your next vacation planning.

have fun and enjoy.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

Prague Castle

Walking tours-start below the Old town hall, in Old town sq

Boat trip-below Charles bridge

Outside Prague Trips

Karlovy Vary

Karlstejn Castle

Afew of my ideas, have fun and enjoy your trip.

7. Re: I need help with 7 days itinerary :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:19