We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Markets

New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Flea Markets

Are there any flea markets or second hand shops in Prague?

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flea Markets

There are a number of antique shops in and around the centre and out at Holesovice, but it all depends what you are looking to buy

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea Markets

You have to be exact with the question about this. In Czech, second hand generally refers to clothes and seasonal goods etc. The Antique shops vary wildly in quality and price. For a kind of "house clearance" garage sale type of environment you could take a look at a shop called bric'a'brac located behind the Tyn Church on the left before you enter Tynsky Dvur (the courtyard). There is also another antique shop there. There is no open air "flea market" as you would know it.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

Blairsvillle,GA
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flea Markets

about the secondhand shops- are there any of the kind that sell clothing and things of that sort (and where are they)? I love to visit thrift stores and second hand shops all over and have found some of my favorite travel memories there.

vancouver
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flea Markets

Hi I saw alot of second hand shop all around the central of prague 1 do a search on goggle or yahoo for thrift shops in prague and it should come up with something .. good luck

Blairsvillle,GA
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flea Markets

thanks for the ideas will try the search

Prague
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flea Markets

Every second Friday there is a huge market, where people sell their grandmas belongings out of the trunk of their car. "Bustehrad" is the village called, near the momument of the distroyed village Lidice, close to the Prague airport (next on on the 23rd). Transportation needed, but it is worth it.

Prague
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flea Markets

Oh, and if you want to go, the earlier, the better. The Antique dealers from Germany are there before 7am

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Blairsvillle,GA
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flea Markets

Thanks for the info on the out of town market sounds like just the kind of thing i was looking for-and if we were going to be there on the second friday i would be there-we will be in Prague dec 14-21

Prague
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flea Markets

Bustehrad is closed - I think - over the winter, too cold. I will find out and let you know.

Prague
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flea Markets

exact dates on www.bustehradantik.cz