We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would this apartment address be noisy?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Would this apartment address be noisy?

We are looking at renting an apartment at the following address:

Staromestske Namesti 27, (Old Town Square No.27), Prague 1 - Old Town

We would be there late September/early October. Do people believe this would be a noisy location? The owner says not bad, though one prior renter suggested it was a bit noisy.

If so, anyone have any other suggestions for apartments in quiet , but central location?

Thanks!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

I would say so and so do the reviewers on the link below.

www.kingsagency.eu/pages/old-town-square-1/…

Have you had a look at this one?

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/prague/49468

TORII

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

Thanks TORII

I was afraid of that - as I saw other similar reviews. The option you suggested looks nice, but is booked during our time.

I am considering Arcadia Old Town Apartments

http://www.arcadiaoldtown.com/

Looks good; apparently quiet; around the corner from Old Town Square. Gets rave reviews on TA. A bonus is that you have a full apartment, but they serve breakfast!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

Thats a good choice ,its just in a little street off the Old town and as you say gets great reviews as do their other properties.

TORII

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

TORII -

Thanks again - one more question. I am also looking at Residence Karolina, which gets rave reviews as well.

http://www.residence-karolina.com/

Between the two locations, which would you recommend? Apparently Residence Karolina is fully self-catering, while the Arcadia Old Town does provide breakfast....which is something to be considered.

TC

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

I happened to see Karolina when it was being renovated ,its on a thoroughfare that leads from the old town and at the time I happened to say lovely appartments but I bet they here a lot of noise ...even if they are double glazed. I would prefer the Arcadia ....Does that answer your question?

TORII

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

Yes it does, thanks TORII

You have been so kind to respond so quickly. At the risk of asking too much, what do you think about this one.

http://www.vrbo.com/17511

It is not as large as the others, but is less expensive as well. Seems to get very good reviews.

Thanks again for your patience and willingness to assist a Prague novice!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

TravelCapl I do not personaly know this one but the price is good as are the reviews its in a different part of Prague but everything is walkable and Prague is very compact and there is no problem with the area ,but I cannot comment on noise levels ,I dont think this would be a problem in this location.

TORII

Houston, TX
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

I stayed in an apartment off of Jakubska in Old Town. It was quiet and right around the corner from the Astronomical Clock. There is also a good cafe right next door and a pretty cool bar on the corner.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

Here is another

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d601862…

We are booked her for early Oct and it gets good reviews. Pretty reasonable prices in a good location too.

England
Level Contributor
486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Would this apartment address be noisy?

Hi We stayed at old town apartments from www.escapetoprague.com they are in a fantastic position and very quiret building (all old town are in the same building on Jungmannova ) only 2 mins wencleslas sq and tesco supermarket and the apaertment was fab.