We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am blaming GCEK

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Topic
I am blaming GCEK

for my addiction to this site.

http://www.norc.cz/

since he posted it I have hardly been off it.

My only complaint about it is that it only shows the road routes and not walking paths.

a small picky thing on my part but it is a fantastic site otherwise.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am blaming GCEK

Oh My goodness Gus I see what you mean!!!!!

TORII

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,014 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am blaming GCEK

It doesn't cover all of the centre presumably because the car couldn't get down there (it was photographed using a car mounted camera)

BTW Google Earth also has a streetmap view of Prague, but I prefer norc.

Sorry for any addiction caused :) send me the bill for rehab ... (I think it's great too - and it covers loads of other cities in central and Eastern Europe as well)

thesaloniki
Level Contributor
689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I am blaming GCEK

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'

Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know

I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine

He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am blaming GCEK

ome other thing I noticed is that it can't follow all the tram routes s some areas are tram only ,but it is good fun.

Just trying to find a walking route from the Hotel my Nephew is staying in (hotel Gloria) to where I am staying (Hotel Chopin). I have walked that route roughly before as I stayed in the 3 Crowns Hotel ,very near to the Gloria and walked down to Hlavni train station which is right beside the Chopin.Just wanted to show him the route.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I am blaming GCEK

It's great, my son moved into a new flat out in Prague 6 not far from the Dejvicka Metro stop. So I've used it to cruise around the neighborhood. I used it to walk to his flat from the bus drop and after I GOOGLED up the local pubs I browsed around looking for the good ones.

Sorry to tell you this Uncle Gus, but I'm going over in about 3-1/2 weeks to drink a bit of Czech pivo and try that pit ham again on the square for the Christmas Market. Might even get a chance for another pilgrimage to Plzen and maybe even Brno. :-D

Steve

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I am blaming GCEK

Enjoy your trip Steve.

Don't know if you have seen this website,might help you find a pub or two.

nelso.nl/interactieve-kaart-met-bier-prijzen…

I am looking forward to my trip to Prague in May taking my nephew and his mate along.I will be making my 5th visit to the Plzen shrine and can't wait to show this place to my nephew.

BTW I am off to Kuwait for New year,no pubs there as alcohol is banned due to it being a Muslim country.

I am visiting my sister and family there,so they may have a few bottles of something around for me to toast in the New year but sure as heck it won't be Plsner Urquell.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I am blaming GCEK

Great link Uncle Gus, I am checking it out as we speak. Amazing the info you can glean from the TA site. Since a pensioner like myself doesn't have much to do during the day this site is invaluable to me. My late father had a definition for Snow Bird, which was affectionately given to residents of Canadia who would flock down to Florida each winter, that which he bacame an honorary member of even from his home in Iowa.

A Snow Bird wakes up each morning with nothing to do and by evening he gets about half it done!"

Steve

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I am blaming GCEK

well I can maybe give you a task to give you something to do whilst in Prague.

Find me the cheapest 500ml beer you can in Prague and let me know where it is so we can check it out in May.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am blaming GCEK

Google Street View now covers Prague and in some cases has more and better coverage than Norc.

I'm now standing in front of Uncle Gus's favorite spots:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=na+perstyne,+prague&sll=34.452218,-83.496094&sspn=35.118599,56.337891&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Na+Per%C5%A1t%C3%BDn%C4%9B,+110+00+Prague+1,+Czech+Republic&ll=50.082962,14.419041&spn=0,359.986246&z=16&layer=c&cbll=50.082921,14.418903&panoid=uSgFBGlLd2KELOtJgsMUUw&cbp=12,203.91,,0,-3.71

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I am blaming GCEK

It sounds like a difficult task for sure, but someone has to do it, I will give it a go. But I usually have to drop by Caffrey's or Molly Malones for a Guinness to clear my palate, but they won't qualify for a cheap pint for sure.

Na Zdraví!

Steve