We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying boots in Prague

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buying boots in Prague

Hi all!

We're arriving in Prague on 8th February and after all the snow in the UK it's clear that I need new boots that can grip in those conditions.

I've tried to find boots in the UK but stocks are totally down and nothing fits the bill.

Will I be able to buy boots that grip in Prague or should I persevere here. I can't take the risk of having no shoes!! Does the winter stock stay on the shelves for longer in CR?

On a brilliantly plus side - were really excited about coming. I've booked loads of tickets and stuff to do so many thanks to this forum as I've picked up some great advice.

Many thanks for any advice.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying boots in Prague

One thing that Prague has is plenty of shoe-shops....You will be spoilt for choice and you may even find there are still some good sales on.

http://www.schmap.com/prague/shopping_shoes/

Also Tesco has a good priced shoe department on the 2nd floor as well as Debenhams ,Kotvas and Billa Labut.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying boots in Prague

bata.cz/kategorie/web-katalog-damska-obuv-tr…

have a look at Bata shops ( a chain started over 100 year ago in Moravia) a couple of conveniently situated shops are Palladium at Namesti Republiky and a lower end of Wenceslas Square. They seem to have a plenty of 'snow' type boots, not necessarily cheap though.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
514 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying boots in Prague

You should be able to get some in Praha. I bought some at Rock Point, Martinska 2/360, Praha 1. Last March. Good selection, although expensive, fit me like a glove, and are so comfortable. Best Buy, for ages !.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying boots in Prague

A good website for shoe/boots shops: (with links)

http://www.schmap.com/prague/shopping_shoes/

I bought a pair of black leather boots (not cheap) in Slovansky Dum almost 3 years ago & still have them... Though we don't get snow here in Charlotte, NC, so I only wear them to NC mountains, & Canada.... Just remember to wash off any salt off them, after you buy & wear them. They still put salt on the streets & sidewalks in Cz...

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying boots in Prague

Sophie I have already posted that link.......

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying boots in Prague

http://www.outdoor-prodejna.cz/zimni-m/ - website for the above mentioned Rock Point - all outdoor stuff, looks OK.

PS that helpful advice about salt - you should be familiar with that salt is used on roads in the UK as well (pavements are left to its own devices which is sometimes better)

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying boots in Prague

To TORII: sorry, I did realize it afterwards..had trouble getting back to the forum..

To KVKFAN - some cities no longer do it; especially in Canada & the US; put gravel on, then, especially in Alberta, Canada, all clean it again...Salt may be effective but not that healthy & it does ruin the shoes or boots. Not much snow in England, normally, though recent snow storm proves otherwise...Just had 15 visitors here from Liberec & Jablonec & took them to NC mountains. We had a good laugh about their constant washing of their boots - although Ashville NC mountains had gravel only...lol

Actually, they told me that the best for boots is Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline rather than shoe polish...

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying boots in Prague

Oh how interesting, 15 visitors from czech republic - you must have an awfully big house to accommodate them all, I would probably manage only 4.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying boots in Prague

Oh I don't know - it is amazing how many Czechs you can get in a front room :)

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying boots in Prague

is it a quiz question? How many then :)

Get answers to your questions about Prague