We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
75 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Help! Too many options to choose from!

We are 2 single 40ish women looking for an excellent central location, "historic" hotel (not modern), not a big chain, not touristy, with charm at about $200/night. We will NOT have a car so no parking needed. Woudl like to include breakfast. Don't need to relax at a spa -- we will be seeing the sights. Just need some charm and a clean comfortable room.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

thesaloniki
Level Contributor
689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

I`m not 100% sure the fit your badget but take a look at U Prince , Santini , Cerna Liska

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Great location ,good prices..

http://www.utribubnu.cz/

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Hi we have not stayed at this hotel yet but have booked to stay in early March. There are superior rooms here at a good rate if you book far enough ahead. The location is in the middle of the old town and all the reviews suggest that it is run by a family.

Will obviously report back once I have been!

http://www.hotelhastalprague.com/

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Also this one gets excellent reviews. My husband has stayed here and loved it. They have historical rooms as well!

http://www.umedvidku.cz/

Edited: 08 February 2010, 16:10
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

I have stayed at the Hastal ,it is clean but very basic and this is reflected in the price ,there is also no lift to the top floor and most of the single rooms are next to the lift so if you need a single make sure you ask for a room away from the lift ,as it was our 3rd trip to Prague in a year we opted for this hotel and if I was on a tight budget again I would return to it.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

U Medvidku is known more for the restaurant & beer than hotel accommodation. If if you click on on individual historic rooms - you have a good choice..

Historic Rooms, in Cz historické pokoje 10% surcharge

Shiraz64 gave you the web.

If you consider Mala Strana Location, Hotel U Zlute Boty (Yellow shoe) gets really good reviews on TA, Twitter, Yahoo Travel, Frommers, Fodors & others..

Breakfast included, but check map....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d281721…

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

U Tri bubnu looks excellent. U Medvidku - did not know that they do accommodation - but good reviews. I think their price for a 3 star is quite a lot, even though they do deals i.e. 4 nights for the price of 3 or no surcharge if you pay cash (depending when).

http://www.uzlatestudny.cz/ worth considering

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

Iron gate

No hesitation

Doesnt rank well but really nicer staff

Absolutely huge rooms and 60 seconds from the clock

Breakfast a bit poor but hey I need to loose weight

U Medvidku restaurant wasnt even opn last weekend when I was there

And the bar you could have smoked kippers in

US
Level Contributor
18 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

I will be staying at the Arcadia Residence in Old Town later this year. It is rated the number 2 hotel in Prague. My cost will be $120 Euro per night. Breakfast is included.

It is central but in a quiet side street.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Request for a Hotel Recommendation

I have not stayed there yet (have a reservation in late March), but it looks like the Cerna Liska has an unbeatable location, as well as an apartment which looks very spacious. Last time there, I stayed in the Radisoon SAS, which was only a 10 minute walk from the square, but I wanted to be right on top of it this next time.