We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short-term ticket

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
short-term ticket

Hi!

I will spend 3 days in Prague next January and I would like to buy a 3-day ticket to use the metro and trams. Is it possible to buy it at the airport? How can I validate it? Can it be used in the whole city? ( I mean, to visit the main touristic places). Is there any discount for kids? (my son is 13 yrs old)

Thanks a lot

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Discover Prague Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Prague On Segway, on E-Scooter, on Quad
City Tours, Segway Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Next City Tours Prague
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short-term ticket

You can buy a 3 day travel card for 22 crowns at the Prague Transport Authority office at the airport (on the right once you have cleared customs). You validate it by putting it in the ticket machine on the first transport you use. Valid throughout the whole city. There are no childrens discounts on multiple use tickets, but since the childrens tickets are 7 crowns for a single journey and 10 crowns for a multipe journey (allowing change), if you are not going to make 22 trips and really want the savings, you may want to buy a stack of childrens tickets at the airport instead of a 3 day ticket for your son

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short-term ticket

Peb has missed a 0 off, most unlike him.

3 day ticket is 220Kc.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short-term ticket

Thanks for correcting me. Having a bad day; Estonia is causing lots of problems and its too cold in Tallinn to go and sort them out