We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

hemel
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

just wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these hotels. Trinidad sounds like a great location, situated at the bottom of the steps which lead up to prague castle - but would love to hear from someone who has stayed at either hotels. Thanks!!

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

Hi, haven't stayed at the hotel, but we were at the top of the steps right near the castle. Where you say this hotel is at the bottom of the stepts really is a good location. the steep cobbled street there has lovely shops, restaurants etc and the opposite direction leads you to Charles Bridge etc. Sounds good to me !!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

I am also wondering about the Atlantic Hotel. One recent comment suggests that it is particualrly cold in the winter. Is this anybody elses experience? Thanks!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d276682…

Dennmark
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

I have stayed in Atlantic hotel. It is very nice hotel with excellent location to Municipal House, Old town and Wenceslas Square. There's huge breakfast buffet! I would ask for rooms to back side if you are not used for city noise from the street.

Dennmark
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

I have stayed in this hotel and was very satisfied. They have richbreakfastbuffet and excellent location to Municipal house, Old town and Wenceslas square. I would recoomend to ask for rooms to back side if your not used to standard city noise from the street.

Very helpfull stuff!

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

Hey MrsB,

The steps referred to are on the other side of the castle that lead down to about 50 metres from the Malostranska metro station. The steps you are referring to are the ones on Nerudova which indeed do have many shops and restaurants etc. Unless the standard of the room at the Trinidad is better than the Atlantic, I beleive the Atlantic has a better location.

A lot of enquiries for the Atlantic this week! is there a special deal or something.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

I've stayed at the Hotel Trinidad, but it was three years ago. It's a relatively new hotel located both near the river and the castle so that 's good. The rooms are pretty much Las Vegas style, which means they're new, big, you get a TV with cable and the bathroom has a big bathtub. I believe breakfast is included in the price. Otherwise there was nothing annoying and nothing outstanding about it. It's reasonable for the price, and you get more for your money than you would if staying in the Old Town, but it's not a deal to write home about.

If you're coming during the Winter, you can do a lot better. After Nov 1, the Hotel Central, which is 1-2 blocks from Hotel Josef, sometimes has promotions where rooms are under 50€/night. You don't get a TV, but everything else is fine!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aparthotel residence trinidad or the atlantic

Just looked at the reviews of the trinidad hotel here. When people talk about the decor, they're talking about the hotel lobby. Those are accurate, the hotel lobby is pretty dreary, but the rooms are OK. In any event, there are much better deals around for the price.