We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Prague for 2 days.

houston
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
Save Topic
First visit to Prague for 2 days.

I need advise, we're 2 adults and 2 kids. Staying in Prague for two days. Someone can suggest me the best way o explore Prague i two days.

IMO one day we can see Prgue city via tour bus any suggestion for tour bus. Next day any day trip recommendation with tour company worth to see and explore more with tour bus because we have less time and more to cover. If we do our own take more time.

Pleaseeee help me i need help desperatly...

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
thesaloniki
Level Contributor
689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

Skip the say trip. You`ll rush youselves too much. Especially the kids

Spend the first day visiting the must-sees by following the royal route

expats.cz/prague/…

It won`t take you a full day. You can shopping or visit a park with the kids or even do some more sightseeing (jewish quarter for example)

The next day the zoo imho is a nice place and the troja gardens next to it. Vysehrad also.

If you insist on having the day trip then skip the zoo visit the rest in one day and then next go to Kutna Hora. My fav is Cesky krumlov but it`s 6-7 hours trip (both ways)

Mentioned in this post
Vysehrad Park
Vysehrad Park
502 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
houston
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

Thank u so much for ur response....Can we do city tour our own or tour bus wll be a good idea...I will skip zoo....We will do Kunta Hora....Is jewish quater is in the city...

Thanks.

thesaloniki
Level Contributor
689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

I don`t like organised tours so i can`t answer this. I think you are good on your own.

I think the bus is not necessary. A big part of the area that interests you is off limits to vehicles. Besides most important places are located on the royal route i mentioned and as everyone lese will tell you the best think you can in Prague is walk and get "lost".

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
houston
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

Thank u so much for ur response....

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

Prague is a walking city and you shouldn't need a bus. If you'd like, you can join a walking tour in the city.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,398 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

I didn't even know there was a tour bus - I can't see how they would do that one as you would see very little - as my colleagues above say, most of the centre is effectively pedestrianised. Prague can only be seen on foot with maybe a couple of trams here and there. I don't like organised tours either.

Kutna Hora is easily reached by train - times at www.idos.cz, but you probably won't have time to do that AND see something of Prague in only 2 days. The Jewish quarter (Josefov) is a short walk from Staroměstské náměstí (Old Town Square). Your children would probably appreciate the zoo - it is one of the better ones.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Old Town Square
Old Town Square
50,846 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
7. Re: First visit to Prague for 2 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 06:22