We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Malta...
1 post
Save Topic
Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

This cafe offers on the menu a small or large capuccino.

When waiter asked which one we wanted we said the 'normal' capuccino! When the bill came the price was €15.20 (380 KC).

When I asked which was the large cappucino I was shown the same small cup but was told that there will be a double dose of coffee!!! Rip Rip Off... The cafe is situated at the bottom of Wenscesles Square before you head on to the Old Town its at a junction to the left opposite H & M. Stay Away. Two cappucinos at beautiful Cafe Obecni dum only cost us €6.30 (158KC)!!!!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

I think its a" mans thing "for sure ,how many women do you see Peeeeing in public ! ;0)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

needs must, hold the towel

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

Maya - you obviously never went to a Zbrojovka Brno football match at the old much-missed Za Lužánkami stadium - although adequate WC (in the broadest sense of the word) facilities were provided, nobody seemed to actually use them at half time ... I'm not sure where the ladies (again in the broadest sense) went, though - I was never privy to that ...

Edited: 16 November 2010, 16:48
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

By the way - great work people - fantastic thread. Makes a change from the same old stuff.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,774 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

nice use of the word Privy there,

what we used to call an outside toilet when i was a kid.

In Riga there was the famous incident of a very drunken stag party member urinating on the national monument,but i have seen kilt clad stag party guys in Edinburgh having a competition to see who could pee the furthest up a lampost, a great spectator sport for 4 o clock on a sturday afternoon.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

How many women? Few, but some!

What you will see women doing is holding their child over the street at an odd 45-degree angle :)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

adam - "35 for a coffee" ?? You've been ripped off, mate. It's 15 for a glass of turek in the Vietnamese buffet opposite the station in Brno ... :)

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

@AdventureAdam: Women don't have to hide behind their children! If you search in feminist's shops, you find an appropriate equipment to reach the same position for doing "that" like men...But that would be a topic for another long discussion I am afraid..... My point is, speaking in general though, that women are not lazy to find a suitable place where they can do what they need to do without being regarded as uncivilized beings......

My conclusion is: vote for more public toilets in Prague! :-)

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

Well said Maya ,start a petition and we will sign it !(Well those of us who are fussy where we releive ourselves!)

I wonder how long this post will last before it gets zapped ...? ;0)

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
60. Re: Daylight robbery at Cafe Bar Trinity -Prague

Haha I thought I was being discrete, but I was just being confusing. Was not accusing these women of anything except holding their kids off the ground at an angle while they (they kid!) urinates in the street/gutter/park/sidewalk.