We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tv Tower + money exchange

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
j h
England
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tv Tower + money exchange

Hi

Im in prague this weekend and wouldn't mind getting a few pictures of the city from the top of the tv tower but wasn't sure if you had to eat in the restaurant to be able to go to the top ,if not is there a charge to go to the top?

and could someone point me in the direction of a money exchange counter.

Thanks

Jon.

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

Theres an observation deck and you don't have to eat to take pictures. For the exchange look at www.exchange.cz close to the Old Town Square.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

the resturant in the TV Tower is now closed.I was in there several weeks ago and it is great for views but the windows could do with a good clean.

Edited: 12 October 2010, 10:03
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

Can't comment about the TV tower but was in Prague last week and went up the Observatory Tower in Petrin Park (www.prague.net/observation-tower-on-petrin) which gave good views of the city.

The rose garden was lovely and the trees are changing colour so a great spectacle overall. You can take the funicular railway up and down and there is a lift up the tower if required.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

Can't comment about the TV tower but was in Prague last week and went up the Observatory Tower in Petrin Park (www.prague.net/observation-tower-on-petrin) which gave good views of the city.

The rose garden was lovely and the trees are changing colour so a great spectacle overall. You can take the funicular railway up and down and there is a lift up the tower if required.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,250 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

... and use a cashpoint as the easiest and cheapest way of getting your money.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
964 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

BOTH

The Television Tower is worth doing so that you get a perspective of Prague other than Castle, Town Square, Wenceslas , which is all pretty close together.

Petrin Tower is a great experience. Take the tram to the funicukar to the tower..it's great. Sample the suburbs, Get lost. Talk to the locals.

Have fun

DCtheKiwi

Edited: 12 October 2010, 13:02
j h
England
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

Thanks all for your replie's.

I've also read about the petrin tower , Will have a look if i get the chance , only there for two nights.

Thanks

jon.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

A nice view can be also taken form Letna (just behind the Cechuv bridge). And for the exchange I could recommend some offices in Politickych veznu and Opletalova streets.

9. Re: Tv Tower + money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:17